Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

.22 pistol recommendations?

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Have a son who wants to learn pistol shooting. Also be handy for dispatching a nuisance critter. Something steady, reliable & smooth. & semi auto. I remember when I was a young punk - I shot a ruger semi auto. Was a longer barrel which I think back & believe was plus. No idea what last 20 years have produced for good .22 pistols. What’s some good examples? Thx!

I love my Ruger 22-45; it’s totally reliable. I don’t mind the “Ruger Dance” but the newest versions of the Mark IV have a much easier take-down and re-assembly.

If I were buying today, however, I’d get an SR22.

My son really likes his Browning Buck Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ruger mark I that was passed down to me from my grandfather and love it. It's very accurate and reliable. I think they still make a mark IV, which would be a great gun I'm sure.

Just like everything else, it depends on your price point. New or used? The recommendations above are all good. They will all run you $300+ for new.

Mark I’s are updated to Mk IV’s now.

There are some decent and reliable guns out there in the $200 range.

Have a son who wants to learn pistol shooting. Also be handy for dispatching a nuisance critter. Something steady, reliable & smooth. & semi auto. I remember when I was a young punk - I shot a ruger semi auto. Was a longer barrel which I think back & believe was plus. No idea what last 20 years have produced for good .22 pistols. What’s some good examples? Thx!

Ruger all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beretta Neos are darn accurate and come in a couple different barrel lengths. I had the longer barrel and it was a lot more accurate than my browning or my Ruger. One heck of a .22 IMO.

Beretta Neos are darn accurate and come in a couple different barrel lengths. I had the longer barrel and it was a lot more accurate than my browning or my Ruger. One heck of a .22 IMO.
Got the same gun for my dad for plinking down at the cabin.. he loves it, accurate and reliable.. i have a ruger, and both guns are nice 22 pistols

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have the browning buck mark camper in the stainless steel version. Use it for trapping primarily, also plink rabbits occasionally. It is a great gun, great shooter, very reliable!

I sell a lot of Ruger SR22s. They eat anything which is very important in a 22 semi auto. Very safe too. Great safety and a decocker. Small frame that fits w small hand well

I have a Ruger also that I won 10 years ago at a DU event. It is a sweet little shooting gun!

I agree with recommendations above for the Ruger Mark IV or Browning Buck Mark. Can’t go wrong with either of these. Try both and pick the the one that feels the best to you.

Top Bottom