Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3-D targets-who's the best lately?

River1

Who's making the most durable targets lately? I had a McKenzie "HD Buck" a number of years ago, it held up far better than any I owned after it. Probably pick up another one if there's not something better out there now.

What's the story on Rhineharts? Don't see them other than club shoots. They seem pretty tough also.

I would say rhineharts are the best, but that is just me. I have a rhinehart cube that I must of shot a thousand times and you can't even tell its been shot. I even used broadheads half the time. They guarantee that the target will last 1-year after the date of purchase otherwise you get a free one. Well I thought for sure I could shoot it in half in a year, but I can't. Maybe I need a faster bow. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

rhineharts are probalby the best, i think, but they are PRICY. i would think that buying a delta, and, if over the life of the target, if you had to replace the vitals 2-3 times (or even more) you would still be money ahead. plus, delta is an iowa company, and is a huge supporter of iowa bowhunters

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">" plus, delta is an iowa company, and is a huge supporter of iowa bowhunters </div></div>

Good info "T" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Everytime that I shoot a 3D and the targets are Rhineharts....it's a dream pulling arrows out. ha, ha They are spendy, but if you have the cash burning a hole....that's where I'd spend it.

I too have shot allot of the Rhinharts at club shoots. Man they are nice, but pricy yes. I would guess looking at them they would last quite a while. Who makes the GlenDel buck, is it FieldLogic? Where are they at? Is it Minnesota? Have heard allot of good things about those targets.

I have shot 4 different 3-D shoots in MN this year. Most of the targets are Makenzie or Delta. The last shoot I was at was mostly Rhinharts. Talk about the best target around Rhinehart beats the snot out of the other two. Seems to be stiffer target, but arrows pull way WAY easier.
Just my .02 worth
Dean

Rinehart targets, IMO, are the best around. And to buy the 'cube' it isn't that much more expensive, unless you are going to buy the actual animals that they make. But even then, I've shot my cube a thousand times as well and it is perfectly fine. I would have had to bought 2 other targets by now I assume...

Can't go wrong with them...

Rhineharts are pricey for sure, but they really last and are way easier to pull arrows out of. Our club got one from them several yaers back, along with some of the other brands. We still have that original target (Replaced the vitals) but have gone thru several of the others, and have a lot more of the Rhineharts now.

Mark

Top Bottom