Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3 Iowa Trophies I Harvested in 2016

Obsessed

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/75724b66#/75724b66/16

I was truly blessed to harvest 3 Iowa wall hangers last season. This is an article I wrote, and a few pics. I have yet to see a shooter this year, but I'm taking 2 weeks of PTO in November, so I have high expectations.

P.S. I'm not an Alabama football fan. I got a couple of sweat wicking AL shirts from a buddy, and they work great as a base layer during warm weather hunts. I shed layers, but didn't change close for my pics. I'm an ISU fan, unless they're playing Iowa...
1f609.png

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/75724b66#/75724b66/16

I was truly blessed to harvest 3 Iowa wall hangers last season. This is an article I wrote, and a few pics. I have yet to see a shooter this year, but I'm taking 2 weeks of PTO in November, so I have high expectations.

P.S. I'm not an Alabama football fan. I got a couple of sweat wicking AL shirts from a buddy, and they work great as a base layer during warm weather hunts. I shed layers, but didn't change close for my pics. I'm an ISU fan, unless they're playing Iowa...
1f609.png
Wow - you eating deer meat 3 meals a day now?!!? Well done, I finally got the link to go through on phone. What a year. I think i've had a 3 buck year maybe 2 times ever. Well, maybe few more when killed some management bucks - pretty rare regardless. Well done & I'm sure you'll get some chances this year if I had to guess, congrats!

Usually, the next year or 2, following a phenomenal season like I had last year, I end up eating tag soup. I doubt I ever top this in a single season, all in my home state, but I'll have a lot of fun trying my darndest.

I harvested 4 wall hangers a few years back, but 1 was an SD rifle buck, and 1 was an IA shotgun season buck that I had to do a Euro mount with because he had multiple battle wound scabs and his hair fell out in big clumps while skinning. The SD rifle buck is still my highest scoring, but the other 3 were 130-150 classes.

My taxidermist went full time this year, taking on a lot more work, so my mounts got pushed out to December for ETA. He does awesome work at a reasonable price, so I'm patiently waiting, but man am I looking forward to getting them hung on my wall.

Top Bottom