Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3D shoot at Lake Red Rock by Hickory Ridge Bowhunters

gunrunr

Life Member
Come shoot with us this weekend. Hickory Ridge Bowhunters are having a two day 3D shoot this weekend July 14-15 at our course at 1628 Hwy G28 Pella, Iowa. This is the second leg of the Southern Iowa Triple Crown (it is also a stand alone shoot so come out and shoot with us even if you werent at the first leg) 40 targets along the beautiful shores of Lake Red Rock, good food, good friends and good fun. Hope to see you there!

http://www.hickoryridge3d.com

great turnout again today - thank you all for coming!

We are going to try to be progressive and try something new at out August shoot (Aug 19) We are going to allow rangrefinder use on the course for all classes and scores will count for the awards. Lots of people I talk to in the shop are intimidated to shoot 3D because they can't judge yardage well enough - this should solve that. Let me know what you think and help us spread the word. If we get good feedback and good numbers of shooters we may do it again.

I am a purist myself and have a hard time allowing rangefinder use as that is not part of the sport. Judgeing the yardage in your head is part of that particular game but the numbers of people willing to play that way is dwindling. We need more participation in archery shooting sports and hopefully this will help. Input or opinions?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Seems like it would take half the challenege out but what the heck if it gets people out there....

Top Bottom