Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

48 x 22" Fatty!

Shoot2Kill

Well, last summer as some of you may remember, THA4 got me hooked BAD on muskies....so bad that most of all my other outdoor hobbies have taken a back seat to chasing big teeth. After a pretty uneventful summer and fall so far with only 4 smallerish fish to show for hours and hours of casting and doubting whether I should continue the seach once fall really got rolling I finally put something into the net last night that makes all the fishless outings a thing of the past! :D

Ya just never know when that next cast is gonna be the one. Finally I had that cast last night!

48 x 22", 2 hours after leaving the launch!

4125-img_6532.jpg

4125-img_6525.jpg

4125-img_6543.jpg

I can't stop looking at that thing..... just sick!!!

nice work! You earned it after the tough year you had! Time to get back at it!

:way:
awesome fish

That girl is FAT!! Nice fish, glad the persistence paid off for you. In reality, it's not much different than bowhunting. Countless hours fishing/hunting, doubting yourself, seeing small deer/catching small fish. Sometimes the stars align and it just works out. You kill/catch a giant. Then you're right back where you started, ready to work your tail off for the next opportunity!

I really need to get into muskie fishing!

That girl is FAT!! Nice fish, glad the persistence paid off for you. In reality, it's not much different than bowhunting. Countless hours fishing/hunting, doubting yourself, seeing small deer/catching small fish. Sometimes the stars align and it just works out. You kill/catch a giant. Then you're right back where you started, ready to work your tail off for the next opportunity!

I really need to get into muskie fishing!

On the water, muskies are nearly identical to bowhunting, you are exactly right. No better way to describe muskie fishing.

To the question about the replica....probably not. There are bigger fish out there. :D Plus, they are damn expensive. :D

That thing looks delicious! I bet you got some big old steaks out of that monster! :D

:moon:

:D

Weight?

No real idea...30-35 maybe? Hard to say. It's hard on them to hang them upright to weigh them and with trying to keep them out of the water for as little as time as possible most people don't weigh them.

Nice work RYAN! Those big ones are easier to get the Y bones out of for sure. Out of the water and into the iron! :way:

:moon:

:D

Weight?

No real idea...30-35 maybe? Hard to say. It's hard on them to hang them upright to weigh them and with trying to keep them out of the water for as little as time as possible most people don't weigh them.

Ya< I knew not many people weighed them, but thought there was a formula for lenght and girth to estimate it. Was just curious as a buddy was looking over my shoulder that thought it was gigantic.....

Ya< I knew not many people weighed them, but thought there was a formula for lenght and girth to estimate it. Was just curious as a buddy was looking over my shoulder that thought it was gigantic.....

Oh, my bad man....

I just looked up 2 different forumlas...both of them have her at 29 lbs...seems low with how fat she is but maybe the length makes them look like they weigh a lot more than they do.

I dont think those weight/length calculators are that accurate... I'd say mid to upper 30s for that hawg

Top Bottom