Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

48 x 22" Fatty!

I dont think those weight/length calculators are that accurate... I'd say mid to upper 30s for that hawg

Ive always gone by (Girth X Girth X length / 800) in the past and wondered how accurate it was, so this year I started hooking the scale to the net before even taking the ski out of the water. checked the weight, took a couple pics and have still had good releases.
I was surprised to find that the equation has been within a lb or two everytime except for one that was 32" x 14. The math said just under 8lbs but the scale at the time said closer to 14lb.

never the less great fish Ryan.

I have when you get into the bigger girths they really start to decrease in accuracy. there is no way to get an accurate weight based on one girth measurement. that fish of Ryan's was fat all the way through. I have caught quite a few upper 20s to low 30s (weight) fish, and this one really looks heavier.....

its all about length as far as im concerned anyway! :D Girth is just an added bonus!

:way:

congrats on a pig of fish, man. That thing has eaten a lot of fish in its day...best of luck on catching one bigger:way:

Top Bottom