Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th Season Bird

MuzzHunter

On a 20ft High
I've been out chasing turkeys with my bow since opening morning and decided it was time to pull the shotgun out and try to fill my 4th season tag. My brother came up here today to go hunting with me and my roomate Scott. When he got up we checked the weather and seen we were going to get a chance to get in the woods tonight. We went to a spot I've been wanting to hunt, but couldn't get to it due to the river being so high. We headed back into the timber and got up on top of this beautiful ridge. As we got up there we heard a bird gobble out in front of us, so we were trying to figure out how to setup when Scott says DON'T MOVE!!! He spotted the bird out in front of us and thought our gig was up. The bird must not of seen us, but we had to stand there for about 15 minutes as the bird just stood there with motionless. Finally he put his head down and we finally got situated. Scott starts calling and the bird didn't hear him at first so he called a little louder and the bird hammered back at him. I knew he was committed so I got ready. He skirted along the edge of the ridge and ended up popping up about 40yds to my left. He came walking up and I put the bead on him and fired and I missed him and he just stood there so I chucked the next shell in and now he's startingto run and I fire again when he's at about 50yds. and hejust rolls. We were pumped, it only took us about a half hour from when we got back and when I shot him. Nothing better than a quick hunt. He just a two year old bird, weighed 22lbs 14oz, 7/8in. spurs, and a 10in. beard.

picture.php

Top Bottom