Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th Season

I got one about 6:45 in the evening on the 3rd.I seen them crossing a field and they did not have hen's with them,I just stayed with them for about 3 hour's,called very softly and not very much.They gobbled alot but not constantly,I had to move about 3 time's.I think it's only going to get better as the season goes on.By the way he was a 2 year old.
Good hunt'in
Nontypical

Good Job NonTyp! Send a pic if you get a chance.

Long Beard

Me and my son have been getting them to respond but they are getting pretty stubbern.I think were going out wed.evening about 4pm and see if we can get there attention.
How's everybody else been doing the last few day's?
Good hunt'in
Nontypical

Got darn close Sunday night, had one in the Alfalfa feeding and as it got closer to dusk I just waited for him to come back to the timber. He started to sway out of range so I called softly and he froze, he eventually stared a whole through me. I must of blinked first, he ended up going wayyyy around me. I watched him fly up to roost and slipped out at dark wishing I could go Monday but alas I had to work.

TLH

Finally killed my gobbler around 7:00 am on the 15th here in Southern Iowa could hardly sit still with all the gnats feeding he was 18 lbs. 8" beard and three quarter inch spurs. Season ends this weekend hope the rest of you get your birds !!!

Got number two for the year this morning. Right off the roost and into my lap - done before 6:00 a.m. It's nice when they cooperate on the last weekend. 18 lbs,101/2 inch beard, 1 1/4 inch spurs.

Top Bottom