Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunt with a 10 person family group, Shot 9 on Saturday. And 1 on Sunday. Dad Shot a complete stud 8 pointer. 150-160 8 pointer

Got a tan and saw a few squirrels, a couple little bucks and does. SLOW!!! HOT!!!!

One doe, 1 145" 8 pt and 4 yotes on public. 3 of us. Three days left but good Lord the wind forcast will put me at work Tues. We'd looks like a good one. Still chasing/cruising some here, checking scrapes.

My oldest boy said fairly slow.

A few young bucks, 2.5, one good busted up 8, he's still out there. Too warm

Had a high school friend and his boy out from Des Moines yesterday. Gave them each a 10 acre timber and decent stand. Dad struck out but the boy scored his first buck ever. Congrats Brendon! He looks all serious but believe me, he is straining every facial muscle available to keep from grinning ear to ear. Pretty fun stuff to see.

Brendons buck.jpg

Gun hunters out there first season!!! Let’s hear some results!!!:D:D

Ohhhhh. I thought this thread was going to be about a new fake nonresident tag quota for Illinois, sponsored by some more corrupt crossgun special interest group paid off politicians.

Bucks still chasing. One has chased his last doe.

My son saw 40 deer on Sat with 10 being bucks. I saw a dozen doe and 3 bucks.

Took my daughter out to fill her youth tag and she got a nice buck. 157". Story at eleven (or some other time I have a few minutes today) in the harvest section.

Got a tan and saw a few squirrels, a couple little bucks and does. SLOW!!! HOT!!!!

Same here. Think the warm weather had a few of the neighbors decide for wait for second season. My boy actually fell asleep for an hour in the afternoon.

Saturday the local groups shot several deer Sunday they said the deer were really spooky and didn’t kill many.
The guys that are stand hunting said it’s the best rutting activity they’ve seen all season.

Saturday the local groups shot several deer Sunday they said the deer were really spooky and didn’t kill many.
The guys that are stand hunting said it’s the best rutting activity they’ve seen all season.

It is amazing that rutting activity happens in one part of the state, but zero in another, especially with warm weather.

I went to move some stands around yesterday for late archery, so I know this happened sometime between Fri evening and Sunday noon.

Based on my non expert opinion, I'd say that testosterone levels are still elevated but hot does are getting MUCH harder to find..I'm sensing a little frustration on that tree. :)

BR.png

Reactions: arm
I went to move some stands around yesterday for late archery, so I know this happened sometime between Fri evening and Sunday noon.

Based on my non expert opinion, I'd say that testosterone levels are still elevated but hot does are getting MUCH harder to find....I'm sensing a little frustration on that tree. :)

View attachment 115476
Pics like that gets my testosterone level running wild:D

Based on my non expert opinion, I'd say that testosterone levels are still elevated but hot does are getting MUCH harder to find..I'm sensing a little frustration on that tree. :)

View attachment 115476
You sure a bulldozer didn't work that tree? Jeepers

A rookie in the group filled a tag on a well known buck that was lovesick and it cost him Saturday morning (145"ish 10pt).

A legend we chased and had pictures (100s all nocturnal hard horned) of for at least 4 years fell this afternoon. R.I.P. old boy.

Oh and I managed to help out my team a little this morning.

SW Iowa, 15 guns in the group, 20 deer for the weekend with 5 of those being nice bucks. Lots of walking/sweating.

Reactions: arm
Saw more hunters today between my house and Mt. Vernon (5 miles) than I did on Saturday between here and Boone. I usually hear plenty of shots but none so far. That could change for second season though.

Top Bottom