90% junk!!

Discussion in 'Trail Cams' started by Crockett, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Bow Ben

Bow Ben New Member

Nope....they are electonic!!!!!!!!

I must have got a lemon. A few if you love the Moultrie D-55 IR and I had one of those last summer and the pic and video quality was so poor on mine I sent it back. Must be the Chinese have problems making a consistently GOOD camera.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. ajadams

ajadams PMA Member

I've had very good luck with my moultrie I40 ir, plan on getting a couple more. Great battery life and the pic quality is good. I don't like spending too much on cams, I think they are all junk and only usually last a couple years. I love running cameras but i'm not dropping a grand on them every couple years.

4. Crockett

Crockett PMA Member

Thank's guy's for all your reponses!! I don't intend on hanging a bunch! Maybe 1-2 cameras!! But! Be nice if they work!! :way:

5. Cooter

Cooter Active Member

Crockett just buy one of those new Super models buy Primos so I can find out how good they are.

Come on drink the kool-aide;)

6. SEIowaDeerslayer

SEIowaDeerslayer Active Member

Agreed, I've never had any problems with my D-55's except in very cold temps. I have a couple of Cuddeback Capture cameras that work extremely well in 30 degree plus weather.

7. buckill

buckill Member

I'm very happy with the Scout Guard! Good pics and the batteries last much longer then my older cuddebacks! I got the SG from trail cam pro.

8. wernerjd

wernerjd Member

Every one needs to relax. I don’t care if you spend $50 or $300. Anything exposed to the elements of weather 24/7 has the potential to be sluggish. It’s just a mater if you want to spend 50 or 300 dollars on the chance.

9. hammes357

hammes357 New Member

you guys with the d-55's there is a update for those camaras on moultries website

10. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Member

A large group of us bought 210 of the 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cams(over $28,000.) We did so based on the good hype and the Bushnell name. It turned out to be a nightmare. I believe(and told Bushnell customer service) that they rushed to market with a defective product that had vbirtually no quality control prior to release. My immediate group of friends received 40 of the cameras. I had to return ALL of mine...some more than once. They even sent me new replacement cameras that were defective ! The 2009 models and our old Coverts DLC were much better. When we get a camera that seems to preform well it isn't long before it starts to develop "issues". Currently I have a couple that are taking great day pics but still have blurred night images. We have done all of the firmware upgrades. I guess ya get what you pay for. Very dissapointing. The only good thing I can say is that Bushnell Customer Service was excellent. I can't imagine the number of irate customers they must have heard from. Best camera I currently have is the Cuddeback Capture(flash version) Super simple to use. Very good pics day and night.

11. Windwalker

Windwalker Life Member

The first IR cuddeback had great battery life .I still have some of the first ones out never liked how the batterys were installed with the metal clip. T think they keep getting made crapper each time a new version comes out. Seems the more simple they are made the better . Not sure but its a good isea to make an extra cover for any camera just to help hold the weather off them.

12. Anthony Gruber

Anthony Gruber New Member

13. 203ntyp

203ntyp Active Member

Good question Cooter. I run a couple Bushnells for about 7 or 8 years and am very pleased. I did recently purchase a different camera at a sports show, they are called USA Trail Cams. I never heard of them so thinking it was made in the US I bought one at a real good price (made in china). So far though I am happy with the camera, fast trigger, real nice daylight & night pics and videos. I'll have to wait to see what the battery life is. Anyone ever heard or try theses?

14. 150 Class

150 Class Moderator

Other than the last couple of replies, this thread is over 6 years old. Not that it isn't a good thread, only that cameras have changed a quite a bit since then.

15. Rjack

Rjack Active Member

Ad bots fire up another 6 year old thread....

16. Blinginpse

Blinginpse New Member

I got 14 Brownings. I ran all reconyx tried 1-2 Brownings and changed immediately. I can tell you about several of there cams as I've found out what I like the best.