Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

a good turkey choke for a mossberg 835

DOUBLE LUNG

i am looking to buying a turkey choke for my gun and was wondering what suggestion anyone has on what brand to buy. i am shooting a mossberg 835.

I had alot of problem's getting my 835 to pattern and ended up with a kicks,not the most well known choke tube but one of the best.I'm shooting winchester 3 1/2"high velosity 5's out of mine and getting around 40 pellet's in the head and neck at 40 yd's with the target.If your looking for a good choke tube this one is it in my book.I think I bought mine from turkey hunter's supply.I think there on the web but I'm not sure what the address is.
Just my thought's,good luck
wavey.gif

...I have great luck with Comp-N-Choke...I have two on my over-under...~$50 each...

...my wife's Beretta throws a great pattern with a HS Undertaker...~$25...

...if you can afford the shells (~$2 each) you may want to check out the new Hevi-shot tubes...MAD Calls markets some...

Great gun! I have a hastings (sp) in mine and love it patterns great (wish I could say the same for my benelli). Most of the chokes will throw a good pattern with that gun...

Buckhunter,
Have you tried 6's out of your 835. Mine won't pattern very well with 5's but there was an incredible difference when I switched to 3.5, 6's...

I hunt with an 835 also. The turkey choke that came with it was not very impressive. I bought a KICK'S GOBBLIN THUNDER and I was very impressed. I shoot Winchester 3 1/2" #6s but #5s work well to. Check them out at : http://www.kicks-ind.com/ , they offer an 800 number and will answer any choke question for most any turkey gun or load.

Limb Chicken,

What is the best choke you have found for your Benelli? I am looking for a new turkey choke, and not sure wich direction to go in.

Thanks!

One of my hunting partners shoots a Benelli super Black eagle, his patterns were bad so he tried a KICK'S GOBBLIN THUNDER choke and he shoots a very nice pattern with it.
My brother shoots a Remington 870 Turkey with a Kick's in it also and has a great pattern.
Contact Kick's and ask them the best choke and load for any model you might have,they are really informative! They will probably be able to tell you what ammo will pattern best in your gun. This could save you a lot of $$$ and some bruised shoulders !

Limb,
I've tried the 6's and believe it or not the pattern's are better with the 5's.It was a long drawn out prosses trying to get this gun to shoot the way I wanted but it was well worth it.It look's like I'm not the only one that think's that kick's is a good choke tube,there a little harder to find then most but worth the extra effort.

thanks for all the replies, this is really helping me decide on which on i want to use. now the hardest part is just waiting for the season to show up. can't hardly wait.

I'm shooting a Hastings on my 870. It shot very tight groups with Winchester 3" #4. Knocked my bird down at 27 yards last spring and didn't find a pellet below the neck.

Tinks69
I can't get the damn thing to pattern worth a hoot. Damn shot scatters everywhere! I have not tried a Kicks but am going to. I have tried about everything else. Different loads, chokes, 3s. 3.5s. I have a 835 and love it but my Dad uses it when we go together or on trips out of state so I am trying like heck to get the SBE to pattern decent. My Dad, and two of my buddies are all having the same problem with the Benellis. It is frustrating to no end... I love the SBE for ducks, geese and pheasants but the main reason I bought it was to have a gun that I could also hunt turkey's with out of state. I am trying two more chokes, the Kicks and Ballistic Specialties and then I have a old parkerised 870 that I am going to put camo clad, fiberoptic sites and a kicks choke on it and be done with it... I also know guys that have newer SBEs and have no problem at all.
madgo_ron.gif

Buckhunter,
Sounds good. I have heard a lot of good about the Kicks and am going to try one on my benelli. I thought you probably had already been through the whole deal. It is frustrating when everyone is telling you they are throwing pancakes at 40 yards and you get 6 in the neck (I am there with my SBE). Different guns shoot different that is the only for sure...
grin.gif

Just curious how your factory full choke patterned? I kinda fell for the "newest, tightest choke" thing and found my factory full choke tube offered me the best pattern out to 40 yds. Patterns 3" 5's and 6's just about the same so I go with the 5's. Just didn't want you to over look something obvious.

Limb, You're supposed to be borrowing guns from your Dad, not you loaning them to him!
grin.gif

Good Luck!
Pupster

Roger:

Have you ever tried to pattern the new Heavy Shot out of a Mossberg 835. If so what combo works the best.

Top Bottom