Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Accura Load

I have the CVA Accura V2. I touch bullets at 100yards. This is what my gun likes. 72gr (weight not volume) of Black Horn and a 250gr Hornady 250gr SST.
Stay away from the magnum primers, it can mess with the 'COL' before your powder fully ignites. Just use regular primers.
Also just like with reloading rifle shells it's imperative to get the same 'COL'.
With a clean barrel pop off just a primer to foul your barrel. Then load your gun. Mark/scratch your ramrod at the barrel so you know the right depth to push every time.
Don't buy into the fancy sabots that are over priced. Go to any farm and country store and try using the hornadys or harvester sabots, they will
do the job. You will get a lot more shooting in without worrying about how much money is left in your account to buy more bullets I hope this helps!

Judge8604 said:
I have the CVA Accura V2. I touch bullets at 100yards. This is what my gun likes. 72gr (weight not volume) of Black Horn and a 250gr Hornady 250gr SST.
Stay away from the magnum primers, it can mess with the 'COL' before your powder fully ignites. Just use regular primers.
Also just like with reloading rifle shells it's imperative to get the same 'COL'.
With a clean barrel pop off just a primer to foul your barrel. Then load your gun. Mark/scratch your ramrod at the barrel so you know the right depth to push every time.
Don't buy into the fancy sabots that are over priced. Go to any farm and country store and try using the hornadys or harvester sabots, they will
do the job. You will get a lot more shooting in without worrying about how much money is left in your account to buy more bullets I hope this helps!

No hangfire issues with using a standard primer igniting the blackhorn?

Just my personal take but in the past I shot a 300g power belt and three 777 pellets. It was a tack driver. Didn't kill deer worth a hoot but it shot well. Switched to Barnes for this year due to the great reviews here and will continue with pellets for convenience. I don't think the cleaning is bad and I don't care for the finicky nature of blackhorn. I just feel simple is reliable, and I don't have time to shoot enough as it is so cleaning isn't tiresome

I will agree that the SST's shoot good but I have helped follow deer shot with them and they leave alot to be desired in performance on anything other than paper.

I agree ISU if you shoot too close together when it's warm it does effect the groups. I think you answered your own question when you stated the 1st couple shots are good then it starts to spread out after that. This will happen with 777, but haven't heard of this issue using BH. I've shot up to 15 times when trying 5 grn intervals and the 15th time loaded like the 1st one and was still very accurate considering i was doing a little experimenting with powder loads.

COL - collective overall length, or cartridge overall length.
As for the mag primers, this is straight from BH web sight as to which primers they recommend and I think I'll go with their recommendation. "We have experienced the best performance, consistency and accuracy with CCI 209M and Federal 209A. NOTE: DO NOT use 209 muzzleloading primers such as Winchester Triple 7, Remington Kleenbore, Federal Fusion, or CCI In-Line MZL."

LYON
I haven't had any problems yet with mine.

bigbuckhunter88
Yeah I'm not for sure. I've been fortunate enough to have double lung hits with the four deer I've killed with it since I bought the gun and started using those sabots. They either dropped in their tracks or ran no further than 40yds. So I have no complaints. But I haven't had a marginal hit yet (knock on wood).

ISU
COL means Case Overall Length. For best overall accuracy when reloading rifle shells having the same COL helps with being consistent pressures

Iowavf
I never seen that on their website. But def good to know. I was told a couple years back by some guy in bass pro not to use mags cause they can offset the COL.
How he explained it was that if you have ever noticed sometimes your sabot slides in easier and sometimes slides in harder that when the mag primer goes off, that sometimes it can push the slug upwards enough to alter the pressure before the entire powder charge ignites. Causing random results in accuracy.
Idk if it was a complete load of hot air or not he fed me but my gun shoots pretty darn good.

That's what they say if using 777 or pyrodex that the hotter primers would push the pellets before igniting them. I know some use regular primers and they seem to work ok, but most I know use the CCI M, Federal, or Winchester primers. Sounds like your gun shoot pretty good and like they say, if it isn't broken don't fix it.

image-4069354198.jpg

Upped the charge to 110 gr blackhorn measured using TC clear powder measure leveled with butter knife . 290 gr TMZs shooting off a bench with 2 mags of mineral for rest .gun was clean when started and shot two primers through it . First three are red dots shown . Dialed gun left two inches and down inch and half and shot the blue dots (obviously pulled one) but still about the same groups as before . Let gun cool 7-10 minutes with breech plug out between shots . This thing is gonna drive me nuts !

Not sure it will fix your issues but somewhere I read not to overseat the bullet. Steady firm pressure until it stops and that is the spot you should marl on your rod

Top Bottom