Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Accura V2 wont cock back

p8ntballer1981

I have a cva accura v2. Cureently have a Black Horn 209 breach plug in it and have been running that setup for more than a year with no issues until today. I cannot get the hammer to cock back when gun is closed, and sometimes can't get the gun open without taking out the pin. I am extremely frustrated.

I have the plug tightened as far as it can go trust me on that. I even took out the Black Horn 209 breach plug and replaced it with the original cva plug and still same results. And yes I tightened the heck out of that one as well.

I'm lost for options here. Noting on the Internet is helpful, nothing. I've got a clean gun, a tightened plug, and have taken apart and put together this gun a million times with the same result. I just can't believe for a year Ive screwed it in and out with my fingers and no isses. I just sighted it in a month ago and again no issues. I don't know what the problem could be.

Anyone with help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

When you cleaned it, did you take the firing pin out, unscrewed it from the face of the receiver. If you did, when you reinstalled the firing pin, is the screw flush with the receiver.
Did you switch primer.
When you close it up, do you snap it shut, sometimes if you do not have it shut tight, the hammer will not pull back, and it is hard to pull the trigger guard back to release it to open it up, Try to snap it shut and see if that makes a difference.

Mine did this today for the first time ever. Seemed like the issue was the breech plug wasn't quite all the way in perfectly tight. I could cock the hammer when I had the gun broke but as soon as I closed it, it wouldn't work. So I took the breech plug out and put it back in and then it worked.

When you cleaned it, did you take the firing pin out, unscrewed it from the face of the receiver. If you did, when you reinstalled the firing pin, is the screw flush with the receiver.
Did you switch primer.
When you close it up, do you snap it shut, sometimes if you do not have it shut tight, the hammer will not pull back, and it is hard to pull the trigger guard back to release it to open it up, Try to snap it shut and see if that makes a difference.
I did not pull out firing pin or other trigger components. I've slammed risk thing shut softly and mildly and as hard as I can to no avail. Still can't pull hammer back..

Mine did this today for the first time ever. Seemed like the issue was the breech plug wasn't quite all the way in perfectly tight. I could cock the hammer when I had the gun broke but as soon as I closed it, it wouldn't work. So I took the breech plug out and put it back in and then it worked.
Indeed that is the same problem I had. I've taken plug out and replaced it with 3 different ones, even a brand new one off the shelf at a local scheels sports store. Again tightened the heck out of it and still all of them would not allow me to pull hammer back when closed.

Thanks for the responses. Still haven't found an answer yet. I can't be the only one with continuous issues like this. It's going back to cva on Monday morning. Hoping to hear good news and news fast. Late season muzzleloader will be here before I know it.

Do you use thread tape on your breech plug?
Have your tried the hammer with the breech plug removed?

I don't have one of these guns but I have seen breech plugs in other guns that would not go in far enough because of thread tape bottoming out and stopping the plug from screwing further, before it was truly bottomed out.

Not that this is something you want to do...but the CVA plug has a small rim around the end of it (hammer side). Could you grind a small bit of that off? Just grind it down a hair. Not clue if that would work or not.

Did you screw out the firing pin assembly and clean it ? Buddy had the same problem, firing pin was dirty as hell from primer blow back.

Try to reseat the Breech plug into the barrel where it screws into the barrel, it might be dirty where the nose of the plug seats into the barrel. When ever you switch to a new plug, you need to reseat it to fit that barrel, use something to tighten it down into the barrel then unscrew it then you should be able to tighten it down with your fingers. Does the plug have damage to the small lip that goes into the barrel.

if you are shooting BH 209, you do not need to put anything on the threads of the plug, My self I use a little oil, some people use anti seize on them, do not use tape.

My brother had this problem with his optima. He took it to a gun smith and the guy replaced something inside the gun. A spring maybe? I will see if I can get more info from him.

Make sure your cleaning the threads for the breech plug in the barrel. Go to Walmart and get a cheap dental pick and make sure the threads are spotless. Sometimes the breech plug won't seat from powder residue. I would also take out the firing pin assembly and see if there are any springs loose! Good luck!

Just an FYI do not remove the trigger assembly in an accura to clean it. It took the master gun smith at brownells 3 hours to put mine back together.

Top Bottom