Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Adult tags and youth license?

2-bucks

PMA Member
I have not asked my CO yet but thought some on here may know this answer. In youth season the accompaning adult must have a valid license and obviously does not need a tag because none exist. Okay, very clear. What about if the youth is using their left over tag in early muzzy? I have read the regs multiple times the last two years and only see where it says the adult must have a valid license, not a tag. Others tell me the adult needs a tag also. Have any of you had this answered by the DNR?

The accompanying adult does not need a tag. Keep in mind, that youth tag is valid for youth AND early muzzy AND one of the gun seasons AND late season, until filled. You would need multiple adults to accompany if they were required to have a tag too.

My thoughts exactly. Just looking for confirmation since some friends are trying to convince me differently. I'll be calling my CO soon and will post on here what he says.

A few years ago my CO told me that I had to have a tag for any deer season to be legal to take a youth hunter. My next question was what if I fill my tag? He told me to carry the receipt portion of the tag, the one that you sign, for the remainder of the season when hunting with the youth. I don't know if this is every CO's take on it or not. I sure wish it was written in a way that there was no question. I'm anxious to hear what your CO says about it.

Okay. Just got off the phone with the CO. The adult does not have to have a tag when accompanying a kid with a youth deer tag, they just need a hunting license.

But you don't need a hunting license to hunt on you own ground so you wouldn't need a license or a deer tag to mentor a youth on your own property correct?

Top Bottom