Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

African safari dream hunt

chipterp

PMA Member
My wife, brother, and I are headed to South Africa with limcroma safaris for a 10 day plains game hunt. We are supposed to have wifi at the lodge so I will try and post pics and share stories while we are there. I'm nervous and excited and can't wait to get over there. We fly from Des Moines to Atlanta and then on to Johannesburg leaving this Saturday.

Awesome. Everyone I know that has done that hunt loved it. Have fun and look forward to pics and stories

Chip,

It will be an awsome hunt. I hunted with Limcroma in 2012 and am going back on August 13. You will have WiFi. Vern nice accomodations. Who is your PH? I hunted with Johan LaRouux. Very good guy. Good luck and keep us posted!

Chip,

It will be an awsome hunt. I hunted with Limcroma in 2012 and am going back on August 13. You will have WiFi. Vern nice accomodations. Who is your PH? I hunted with Johan LaRouux. Very good guy. Good luck and keep us posted!

We requested johan if available but they said he might be working at trophy pro doing shipping while we're there. Is there anything you didn't bring along the first time you wish you had? And is there a day trip you would recommend while over there?

We didnt do any day trips. Hunted everyday all day. My best advice would be dont over pack. I took way too much stuff. They do laundry for you everyday. I thought that was pretty cool, I had way too many clothes. I would recommend a video camera and bipod. Also a couple good books. You will spend some long days in the blinds. I would also plan to have some flexibility on what trophies you want. My animals changed once I got there and saw some of them in person. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about anything else and I can give you my number. I understand the anxiety about being gone that long but it will be worth it once you get there. My once in a lifetime trip ended up being going back 2 years later:D

My wife, brother, and I are headed to South Africa with limcroma safaris for a 10 day plains game hunt. We are supposed to have wifi at the lodge so I will try and post pics and share stories while we are there. I'm nervous and excited and can't wait to get over there. We fly from Des Moines to Atlanta and then on to Johannesburg leaving this Saturday.

I'll let you know what's on your trail cameras while your gone....

Top Bottom