Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2dblind

Wi Transplant got me thinking on a deer that I cannot peg. These pictures are from last year and while I didn't pick up his sheds I did let him walk the second to last day of late muzzle because I am that bad at aging and didn't want to make that mistake. I can tell you he looks better on the hoof than in pictures as I had him in my field for 1.5 hrs feeding.

Can I get some help on what age you all think he is in these photos. I will be the first to admit I am terrible on aging deer unless there is some thing that drastically stands out. You can score if you like as well but, not that concerned since it was last year. Never had any velvet picture and he showed up last week of October and didn't leave until we ran out of food in early Feb.

Any help is appreciated.
CDY_0060.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0555.JPG IMG_0557.JPG IMG_0728.JPG IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0967.JPG IMG_0972.JPG IMG_1414.JPG

I would say he was 4 last year, maybe 3, but he had a pretty deep neck for a three year old.

my guess is 5. his head looks pretty large. The timeline of the pics i believe to be deceiving, in all of them he could have been farely run down....his front half is also pretty large. Id say no matter what he will either be 5 or 6 this year!!! kill him and post pics!!!! good luck

He's pretty swelled up in the November pics as should be expected. Didnt see any shoulder hump in the January pic.... Part of why I say 4 last year. No real belly sag in any pics. Tarsals arnt overly dark. All that being said, very well could be 5 though. Shoot him this year and tell us what teeth say! ;)

The reason I let him walk was I wasn't sure and thought he was 4 so I was hoping he would make one of those magical jumps at 5. I have heard anywhere from 3-6yo and I have asked a bunch of people. I will have to waiting until late October most likely as that is when he showed up last year. Hoping he sticks to the same pattern cause once he was on mine he didn't leave until the food was gone. He will be at the top of the list and I am just going to assume he is 5 or 6 this year and needs the air let out of him.

Appreciate everyone's input as it really helps with piece of mind.

Top Bottom