Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AJADAMS rifle season results

bjkpharmd

Posting photo for AJADAMS. He can provide details but I asked if he was sure he had enough gun..., I guess he'll know what the automated voice says when he calls in the tags.

Image000.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality, all I had was my cell phone. I decided at the last minute to head down south and try and take a few does out with a rifle. I borrowed my buddies 7mm mag and called a friend to come along. He really wanted the meat and also the chance to shoot a deer with a rifle so I put him in what I thought was the perfect spot. I was a little late getting to my stand after showing him where to go and I busted 4 deer off the field I was hunting. About 730 I had a yearling bed down below me, I let her go. At 830 2 big does and a yearling came across the plot right at me and under my stand, I was easily able to tell they were good does and fired one off at about 30yrds. I could tell right away she wasn't going far(I will spare the details on that) and the other one just looked up at me so I put her down too. My buddy called and asked "what did ya miss" and I told him I shot twice and dropped 2 deer. He hadn't seen a thing. I waited a little while and we loaded up the deer and went to lunch. When we got back I asked if he wanted my spot and he took it while I crawled in a box blind and took a nap. I woke up at about 300 and at 430 had another doe and fawn come in and drilled the doe at about 40 yrds. My buddy was froze in the tree so we decided to head back up to the truck and get all the deer loaded up. Coming over the hill to the truck he spotted another doe and fawn out feeding in a plot and he finally got his chance and dropped the doe with a 100yrd shot, he was happy. That was my first time hunting the late doe season and I think I will be shopping for a new rifle. I really like that 7mm mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I guess he'll know what the automated voice says when he calls in the tags. </div></div>

Pharmer ya beat to that one. Nice shootin Tex!

Congrats on the herd management.

It's been awhile (1991 to be exact, Wisc deer season) since I witnessed first hand what the 7MM Mag does to deer. When I heard that they were going to allow rifles in southern Iowa, I was excited at first but never followed through with finding a place to hunt. The 7MM spends lots of time in the gun safe.

I've shot many deer with the 7mm Mag. It does the trick, so say the least. I shoot a 165 grain hand loaded ballistic tip.

Top Bottom