Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All day sits

EatSleepHunt

How many of you do all day hunts. Sun up to sundown. When do you start? Looking
For some ideas to pass the time. I do a journal, phone of course.and snooze. In between all
that I keep an ear and an eye out for deer. Also pee in a bottle or let it fly?

I started doing them last year. I actuslly hardly use my phone, It cant hold a battery all day. I have an old hand held solitair game or take my ipod. Although I have thought about it I can't get myself to fall asleep the my stands, even with being tied off it still makes me nervous.

As of when I start setting all day, just depends on what's on my cams. Don't forget the snacks!

Halloween is when I start! I just try not to drink much the day before so I don't have to pee until about 4 and just hold it until dark 30. Phone, read and call!

I start setting all day long when i get a lot more pics of bucks in the day and when temps all day long are under 40!

Im going to it all day Saturday. Probably too early but don't have anything else to do midday so might as well sit. 3 years ago I killed my buck on Nov 27th at 11:36am, 2 years ago I killed my buck on Nov 9th at 11:52am, last year was Nov 6th at like 4pm but 2 out of the 3 were close to noon anyways. I stay awake and cruise the phone a bit and text a bunch. I let er fly if I have to pee.

i start all day sits after oct 31. to pass the time i take selfies and make short videos to send my friends that are at work. but i wont fool with that during the early mornings and late after noon. phone chess game gets played some too. last years buck i shot at 900 year b4 was 230. ya never know when its rut keep your ears on and look around often.

I start after the 1st of November as well, or earlier, depending on how cold it is. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time on all day sits when it's warmer out, but last year I shot my buck on November tenth around 9:30am and it was around 70 degrees for the high that day. Had some close encounters at 11:00am a couple of days too.

To pass the time I eat snacks, range trees and memorize the distances and play games on the phone, but mostly I just hunt. I made quick stand moves mid afternoon a couple times last year when the wind switched and found that this really helps ward off boredom with a new change of scenery.

Also start 1st of November. Killed my buck last year at around 12:30 PM. Since I've started doing all day sits, I've seen way more bucks during the middle of the day than first thing in the morning or at last light.

Use my phone a lot. Halloween candy rationed throughout the day is good. I take naps depending on the stand. And let it fly.

All day

Plan on sitting all day in SC Iowa starting Halloween until Nov 7th, might take a break or two at mid-day or move to another stand depending on wind. Since I have an Iowa tag, I figure I might as well. I enjoy mid-day in the woods, if a deer comes through easy to see, and if you hit him, lots of time to track.

My second best buck was shot at 1:30, and I have seen several in MN from 10:00am-noon that were shooters, just didn't get a shot.

I try some calling and have used a decoy and both work at times.

I will start sitting all day Nov 1st- once rut is in full bloom- 2nd week of November MAYBE??? it should be good action sun up to sun down! and dont worry about drinking - pee right off your stand- it can actually help!

I think with the new moon coming over the weekend all day sits should be pretty good...mid morning and early afternoon should be pretty eventful on travel routes.

Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time on all day sits when it's warmer out, but last year I shot my buck on November tenth around 9:30am and it was around 70 degrees for the high that day.

About the same last year for me...Nov. 10 around 9:45-10:00. Morning hunts for me usually go until 10:30-11:00, then back in stand anywhere from 2:00-4:00 til dark, depending on the activity. Last couple of years I've had at least 3 good bucks walk by my stand at 2:00 on the dot. Unfortunately I know this from my trail cam, not by seeing them in person.

I usually start all day sits mid October, weekends only, but haven't sat a full day this year yet. Warm days can be tough, as can days without seeing anything. Will be starting all days on Saturday tho and will plan to continue every time I get until season end. Only break will be to switch stands.

Also, have been letting it fly this year if needed, but since I haven't sat more than 5 hours I haven't had to in the stand most times. Last couple years I've used a bottle.

Top Bottom