Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Alternative to Rage Broadheads while keeping Rage benefits???

Guys check out the broadhead test done last fall on AT. Ulmer edge was the top mechanical and the G5 had a crazy high failure rate.

I've seen the damage Rage mech's can do and must admit it is impressive. Nonetheless, I have heard and read of the many bad experiences hunters have had. Were I forced to use a mech, it would be the NAP style. I am a traditional bowhunter; and, for me the best broadhead is a cut-on-contact fixed blade. The broadhead question was answered for me, in the field, many moons ago.
I not so long ago came across information on a Dr. Ed Ashby, who evidently did a study decades ago on bowhunting wounding and loss in Africa. Dr. Ashby determined unequivocally that a "cut-on-contact" broadhead is far more effective in penetration to any conical or pyramidal tipped head.
You can change the name, you can change the packaging and you can change the marketing but at the end of the day the bottom line is this: For my money... I want something good enough to make a clean, quick kill every time. That for me is a quality fixed blade.

Top Bottom