Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Alternatives to Photobucket?

soil

For those of you who have posted pics lately, what photo hosting site are you using? There is no chance I'm paying Photobucket $40/mo for third party hosting.

Okay here is what I have found for other apps for sharing. You must also be taking pics with your smartphone like myself which is most of the problem cause the file is to large.
Flickr app/ I have it on my phone but it won't give me the BBcode on my phone so its pretty much useless unless I use my laptop.
Imgur /many people use it but I'm about to delete it from my phone for the second time. Nothing on there makes sense to me yet.
TinyPic/ On other forums people are using it but after I looked into them they are a Photobucket company so I'm not understanding their thing on 3rd party sharing.... pay for one site but the other is free?? Very confused so I'm not going with TinyPic cause I don't trust them. How long before they ransom that site.
Here is what I been doing since my last deer harvest thread which didn't go well posting.
I still have my Photobucket account.
1. I upload pics to my album
2. Then when they are in my album I will click on the image. Upper right hand corner click on the square with a arrow through it.
3. Then save image back to your phone and then IW will accept the pic but you have to use the saved pics not the original .
Many times after posting a pic on this site I will delete the pic from Photobucket not to clutter up the album unless I really want to keep it. Photobucket is still free you just can't share with out paying. So right now I'm sticking it to the man for free:D
Hope this helps. Any more questions just ask.

Last edited:
  • Deleted by NWBuck
Show…
OK, I'm lost on all of these options. I messed around with Flickr, but tried posting pics and it wasn't working like normal...couldn't get them to show up (using laptop). If someone wants to put together a tutorial, that'd be awesome. And also, without paying their stupid fee, is there any way to get pics back up on older posts made using Photobucket?

OK, I'm lost on all of these options. I messed around with Flickr, but tried posting pics and it wasn't working like normal...couldn't get them to show up (using laptop). If someone wants to put together a tutorial, that'd be awesome. And also, without paying their stupid fee, is there any way to get pics back up on older posts made using Photobucket?
No. Photobucket is holding them hostage.

For those of you who have posted pics lately, what photo hosting site are you using? There is no chance I'm paying Photobucket $40/mo for third party hosting.

No, that's ridiculous... The Huntmore App has third-party photo sharing, FREE, and it's a cool app with a bunch of other guys posting hunting pics without advertising like Flick'r and how Photobucket is/was. You can use it from your web browser, or you can use the app on your phone. It's available for iPhone now, but the Android version is coming in September. Here's a link: Http://huntmore.io

Photobucket. Test.

IMG_0743_zpsrgooxr1p.jpg~original

That's a unique giant! Any luck following him from last year or was he harvested?

The Photobucket thing still baffles me. Some can use it, some can't and many old photos are at ransom. Before when I went back to all my threads that I posted pics in I could see the pics? Not sure why if maybe because it was my account.
Since I have gone back to all them and deleted the Photobucket link and put the original pics back in place using a resizing app on my IPhone. The app I'm using is PicGizmo and it's free. This is easier then resizing them with Photobucket and saving the image back to you smartphone.
I'm saying with IW there is NO reason to use any third party hosting site. This process is so simple and fast.
This pic shows the original size of the photo taken from my iPhone ( To large)
IMG_0345.PNG
I click on the colored box and resize the pic to 960 by 1280 then save the pic and it can then be uploaded to this site in seconds.
IMG_0348.PNG
All the pics in the Lets Eat thread have been uploaded using this process plus any other pic that I've put on here recently.
The only limitation this site has is you can only put 10 pics in a post:) I found that out on my last post in the eating thread. Give it a try and if you need help send a PM

Last edited:
Top Bottom