Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Always have a backup plan

zvholk

As I was putting a group of birds to bed last night on a small piece of public ground, there was a bunch of trucks driving by. So this morning I opted to go on some private ground where I had watched the birds the morning before.
I was set up by 5:30 and just like the morning before 2 toms and a bunch of hens flew into the field about 50 yards behind me. It didn't take long for the toms to start my way, when they got to about 20 yard behind me they started to skirt around my decoys at 40 yards. So I decided to take a shot and dropped him in his tracks.
About 15-20 minutes later he decides to get up and fly across the field only to make it 40 yards. I get out and run as fast as I could to get another arrow in him. One bird down!
I could hear more birds in the woods so I got back into the blind. It didn't take long for a tom and 2 hens to show up and come right in. At 8 yards, and under 2 hours into the season I was tagged out.

Beautiful birds! Congratulations! How'd you get those tail feathers to fan by themselves in that last picture?

Top Bottom