Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Am I Justified to be frustrated with the Bow shop??.

Trapshooter1

Story time: Dropped bow off at Shop to have it restrung the end of November. They said it d be 3 weeks and it would be done. So stopped back 3 weeks later, and still nothing done. Said it would be done in 2 more. Stopped back after 2 weeks still nothing. I'm a little perturbed. Have bought 2 brand new bows from this shop. And they cant manage the time to get the string in and strung. They blame it on slow supply of strings. Do I have a right to be frustrated or am I overreacting??? I'm contemplating just going to get it and have someone else do it.

Needless to say I think I'm done with this Archery shop. Will have to find somewhere else. What a Joke.

I would be frustrated too. After the 3 weeks I would have took my bow and found someone that wanted the job and was willing to do it in the time frame they quoted.

During a busy time (aug-nov), I could imagine a 1 week delay. I think I’d be searching as well.

New bow shop. If you know anyone in your local competition shooting crowd, im sure they could steer you in the right direction or know someone in their circle with the expertise.
I am spoiled, my bowtech here is town in probably one of the best for 200 miles and speedy service all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be upset as well. End of Nov is the end of busy bow hunting season as far as I'm concerned (post rut) and it sounds like they're putting you off. You could go online and punch in your bow specs and have cables within a week from somewhere. What shop? Where?

Best thing I ever did was start investing in my own equipment. It's a more money up front obviously but it's fun and rewarding to be able to work on my family's bows as well as friends here and there. I can make sure it is done right and whenever I need it.

I would pick it up and find someone else. Heck you could had Cracker at Carter Archery down in St Joseph Mo do a custom string and tune in that time frame. Where are you located, maybe get some recommendations on where to go from others here on the site?

If I bought 2 bows there, I would expect on the spot service. 3 weeks??? What's the name of the shop? Trash them on line for 3 weeks!

Absolutely. I had a new set of strings put on mine in a week...and that's with me mailing it to a shop in MO and them sending it back.

I appreciate all of the feedback guys. I'm not going to be trashing anyone online. It's now been over 2 months. I will say their in Waverly Iowa. Pretty sad a Cash paying customer that buys new bows and ALL the accessories in 1 spot cant get some service. I think I'm going to go pick up my bow.

• Deleted by Trapshooter1
Show…
  • Deleted by Trapshooter1
Show…
I would pick it up and find someone else. Heck you could had Cracker at Carter Archery down in St Joseph Mo do a custom string and tune in that time frame. Where are you located, maybe get some recommendations on where to go from others here on the site?
Just an FYI but I think Carter's may be in Cameron now. I'm sure you could have mailed or delivered the bow there though and had new string, tuned and back in 3 weeks.

Having a custom string set built for your bow by a reputable string maker = 2 weeks at the longest
Having a reputable shop put it on and do the minor adjustments to it = an hour at longest.

Pick it up and take it elsewhere.

After disappointment, frustration and anger at shops around the Waterloo area I learned to become my own bow mechanic. I had to argue with one shop about what I wanted. I drove a decent distance mind you and a week later I go to pick up only to find out they did it the way they wanted and not what I asked. So after 2 weeks went to pick it up again and had to stand there 30 mins as he wouldn't even bother to acknowledge I was standing there and help new people that came in after me. Thankfully the other guy helped and they did it right that time so I blew my lid out the door, oh and what I wanted worked perfect.

After that I set out to do it all myself, never again. So I feel you and difently would be looking elsewhere.

Best man to send your bow to or order strings from is extreme bow strings out of Norfolk, Nebraska......We took 4 bows there had all new strings and cables on all 4 in a week!

Top Bottom