Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another survivor buck story inspired to share by Sligh's story

bwese

Here is a buck I have had a couple year's of history with. He would show up in Oct and was fairly nocturnal, especially this year.
He was hit by an archer in Oct. of 2017 on a bordering property and the pics I had of him showed him to look like a dead deer walking. He disappeared from cams until late December and he looked scraggly.

I always put a corn pile out after the late antlerless season is over to survey survivors. He showed up and apparently still had some bad ass attitude because when he was at the pile all the other deer just stayed back. That was not the case with any of the other bucks.

I was amazed he was still alive and in the shape he was in. I thought there was a good chance he would make it to the next season.

Oct 2018 comes around and he shows up on about the same day. I was amazed at the bone he put on with seemingly no ill effects of the arrow besides some cosmetic issues. The wound had killed some muscle tissue and connective tissue as he now looked like a brahma bull when he put weight on his injured shoulder side.

My buddy ended up tagging him opening morning and we are all still high on happiness for him and can't believe that was taken on our farm. HIs daughter was supposed to be the hunter in that stand but she ended up backing out and so I told him to get a tag. He hadn't shot a buck for ten years. In fact his last buck was the first buck to be shot on our property since we bought it.
I don't know how many more inches of bone he put on but I am guessing 30 at least. A guy who hunts the neighboring property found one of his sides last spring and is going to score the shed to see what it is to give me an idea. What would have happened it he hadn't had the stress of the injury? Wows me even more to think about that.

I'll let you all guestimate the score and will give what my buddy came up with via the boone and crockett scoring system via the net in a couple days. He and I only care about gross, as has been said several times, "nets are for fishing" No disrespect to B&C meant, I just want to know what they grow. Water displacement would be the truest way to determine but oh well.

pics from 2017 early 2018
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

fall of 2018
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Happy Hunter-it truly is as big as the picture makes it look. The trail cam pics gave us no indication of the actual mass he has.

index.php

Not seeing pics and I wanna check this out!!! Anyone else able see or is it my phone? Tapatalk to post em if any trouble too. Wanna check this out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure what's up, I can see them on my screen. Sorry. I don't have tapaatalk. I'll try them again

some last year pics

Attachments

• IMG_2574 (2)er.jpg
    IMG_2574 (2)er.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2568rd.jpg
    IMG_2568rd.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 126
  • er45.jpg
    er45.jpg
    853.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_25692efr.jpg
    IMG_25692efr.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 129
Let me know if you don't see them yet. I uploaded some pics again. If that didn't work, I'm out of options on my end.

Worked this time!!!! Holy smokes that guy is very large!!!!! Amazing what these animals can do.....did you guys put a tape on him?

Holy cow!!! Yep- massive wound to a massive giant beast!!!! Worked and that’s a brute!!

My buddy did. I'll let people take a guess for them to test their skills if they wish. I would like to get it measured by someone who actually does it to make sure he/we get the actual measurement correct. Either way it really don't matter as it is a buck of a lifetime.:)

A side note on the buck. He lost a lot of weight from the middle of Oct to Nov 10. His body didn't even look the same. We still got just shy of a 100 pounds of meat off him though. That cropped broadside pic was from Oct. 13.

The pic that says May 10 2013 was actually Oct. 21

Obviously im going off of your pics and using whole measurements, i came right out at 200 on the dot....hell of an animal!!

is it just me or does anyone else think he put on more than 30" from last year to this year?? that is absolutely incredible. congrats on a great buck!!

Top Bottom