Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anti hunters get show removed.

nannyslayer

Outdoor TV producer and host Melissa Bachman has been forced off the upcoming National Geographic Channel reality series “Ultimate Survivor Alaska,” the cable channel announced on Friday. What’s the reason? Well, it’s because Melissa is a hunter.

The channel said that Ms. Bachman will no longer be a participant in the new series after an online petition started by Tim Martell, a Florida resident, protesting her involvement went viral and it received more than 13,000 signatures in less than 24 hours.

Protests and threatened boycotts are nothing new. But things happen very fast these days, thanks to the instant clout of social media and the fact that corporate executives are quick to surrender to noisy internet rebellions for fear of having the online wrath transferred directly onto them.

After Nat Geo’s decision was announced, the hunting community soon began making its own voice heard. Field & Stream weighed in, pointing out the absurdity of a show dealing with survival in Alaska that somehow doesn’t include hunting.

In just 24 hours, one man's online petition convinced the National Geographic Channel to rethink its plans to include a big-game hunter on a new show set to debut this fall.

Conservationist Tim Martell, 42, says a lifetime of watching National Geographic specials inspired him to pursue a career dedicated to preserving animals and their ecosystems. So he was shocked to discover that a new show about survivalists in the Alaskan wilderness would feature "Hardcore Huntress" Melissa Bachman, a well-known hunter who specializes in tracking and killing big game.

"I'm not against all forms of hunting. I'm primarily against trophy hunters," Martell told Yahoo News in a phone interview on Friday. "I believe that it's wasteful. It's damaging to the ecosystem. To kill for a thrill or just a photograph is just unnecessary."

Notice how he singled out a TROPHY HUNTER ? And the words he discribed her ?

Here is a petition to keep her show going. The anit's had 13,000 signatures in 24 hours. If sportsmen were that active, our love for the outdoors and love for hunting wouldn't be in danger of major restrictions if sportsmen would just get this active.

http://www.change.org/petitions/nat...-huntress-melissa-bachman-on-ak-survival-show

signed
It's crazy to think that they even considerd listening to people that wouldn't even be watching the show in the first place.

Signed up also. I asked if the producers of the show were stranded on a mountain in Alaska who would they rather have with them Ms Bachman or the self proclaimed conservationist? No question for me even if she is a Trophy hunter.

signed! screw the anti-hunters! Why do people assume that people who trophy hunt don't enjoy the eating their kills? I love big antlers but I love eating the wild game just as much. Im guessing with the exception of a few slob hunters, everyone on here consumes the meat they kill or donates it to HUSH.

Signed. Loud mouth Liberals that have to silence anything they disagree with. I've about had it with them, their means of doing things like this and our Political Correctness period.

Glad to see this has gotten alot of attention. Sad part is, there are only 290 signatures after a week or better, when the wacko's had 13,000 in 24 hours.

Top Bottom