Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

any antique muzzleloader pros out there?

picture.php

this from a friend of mine , any ideas?

Ok guys I need your help identifying an old old muzzle loader, I don't know much (and that's an understatement) about these old buggers. My wives grandfather has this and he got it from his grandfather dating it to have been made late 1800's. I will post a few other pics on top of this one.

The only identifying marks I can find on it say "B. Paynter" and directly underneath that "ARK" both of those are on the barrel and then directly above the trigger says Ru________ Brothers? It is very hard to read. Any insight any of you can toss my way would be AWESOME! Thanks!

Barney Paynter is listed as a gunsmith in Clark county Arkansas from about 1860 to 63, working for the CSA. Confederate States of America. This gun was probably made in that time period. Looks to be a nice piece and it's a bonus to have a signed gun.
The "RU........BROTHERS would be who built the lock. Most likely imported from England.

muzzle loader rifle

I am looking for the person requesting information about the old rifle marked with B. Paynter with ARK on the barrel in the posting. I have one marked the same and would like to contact that person. My rilfle was my Grandfathers and he died in 1954 at age 97. If anyone can supply the owner of the one posted I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom