Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any Archers Paying Attention?

Haven't shot much with my longbow but always shot 3 under. Sounds fun to get it back out and truly enjoy the primitive style.

When i shot with fingers (which has been a few years) I shot split. Just the way my daddy taught me to do it, never thought about trying anything else. Used to hunt squirrels that way with a recurve waiting on deer season to open up every fall.

well, for the sake of honesty, I didn't kill very many. It was more a way to get in a little "hunting setting practice" and reacquaint myself with the woods after a summer's absence. I did manage to pluck a few off of stumps and such. And of course, since I couldn't shoot them, saw some of the biggest bucks I have seen in my life :)

I shoot split fingers with a very high anchor just under my right eye so I still look down the shaft. I don't like my knocks to fit real tight on the string and it seems that to shoot 3 under this is a requirement. It also seems to put a lot of pressure against the nock point and I like to just use string ones that I tie in with a drop of glue. I also much prefer to shoot with those rubber No Glove things on the string which are for split fingers. I also can shoot any bare string good enough to get along with out a nock point if I have to and split fingers allow me to nock an arrow and never have to look at it so for me it is faster. At some of our shoots we did timed events and if you just handle the arrow from the nock and lay it on the string you can be pretty quick.

I started one over two under, but switched to two under. Seemed to put less torque on the string

Top Bottom