Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any Birds Yet?

I

iowalongbeard

Anyone having any luck bagging a big Tom yet?

Long Beard

Excellent, nice bird! Knight shotgun, way cool.

Send a pic if you can...

Congrats again,

Long Beard

Finally got to hunt on Sun. Wind was bad but still filled my 1st tag. 18 lbs. 10 1/2 in beard. Called in 4 big toms But only one was shot.My guide got caught with his slate in his hand or we would have had a double !!

Sunday evening called a tom in at 6:15. Went straight for the 2 decoys I had set out. Dropped him at 20 yards. Just a 2 year old - 18lbs, 10 inch beard, 1 inch spurs.

Saturday,21st, shot 26 1/2 pound, 1" spurs, 11 " beard w/ Knight Muzzle loader shotgun at 41 yards. 6:30 AM

Friday afternoon I scored on a nice bird. As I was driving down the road to my hunting spot I noticed some turkeys scratching in a bean field so I looked at them through my binocs and saw one was a nice tom and the others where five hens. I wasn't sure how I was going to call him off those hens so I crawled through a crp field for about a hundred yards and got to the fenceline of the bean field and set up there. I decided that I would try to call in the hens and hopefully he would follow, so I Kee kee run four times and after about 15 minutes those hens came up over the hill and following behind was mister gobbler. 23lbs 10.5" beard and 7/8" spurs. It was a rush!
Micah

Here is my 1st and 4th season birds.I wrote in "Any Luck" post and thought maybe you could ad these to the reply.The bad part of the whole deal is that this second bird mean's now all I can do is go mushroom hunting and fishing!
Thank's
Nontypical

apr17$01.jpg

may03$13.jpg

Me and my hunting Buds are finding the birds real henned up still, we have not heard many gobbles during the 4th season. We know the birds are there because we did not shoot them all during 2nd season, I was the only one to fill a tag during 2nd season after seeing many birds.

Top Bottom