Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any of you guy's getting any decent velvet growth on your trail camera's yet?

bowGal

Got a few this past month putting on some main beam growth, seem's a little slower this year, for me, Saw a good buck today in the area I was working that was forming his G2, but so far that is the best velvet growth I have seen. so far, We have a couple bucks here we know that are gaining more weekly now on their main beam's :eek:

All bucks I have pictures of are just now starting to grow past brow tines. Not much beyond that. A lot of them look really thin in the body as well. Seeing a lot of pelvic bones and ribs showing on some.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Nothing that far for us yet here in Michigan, seeing them sprouting but that's about it for us so far. Can't wait to start seeing so real growth, seems like this winter is just now ending but those velvet bucks are right around the corner!

Best so far...

Attachments

• image-2965098352.jpg
    image-2965098352.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 390
Not a trail cam, but rather I saw a buck while driving tonight that appeared to be a fully developed ten. He was with a few others that only had main beams and some nubs starting. But this looked like the type of rack you would see in late July. Maybe a really early shedder? Definitely looked out of place for this early in the summer.

Not a trail cam, but rather I saw a buck while driving tonight that appeared to be a fully developed ten. He was with a few others that only had main beams and some nubs starting. But this looked like the type of rack you would see in late July. Maybe a really early shedder? Definitely looked out of place for this early in the summer.

I saw one like that last year in mid June (Almost hit it) I also remember during turkey season two years ago I saw a buck with his beams already started, small nubs for brows and nubs for the next points.

Yikes that's going to be a special deer to say the least.

Top Bottom