Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any opinions on the Dropzone?

Bakes

Has anyone had the opportunity to actually shoot an arrow off the new Trophy Ridge Dropzone rest?

Nonres

I've not actually tried one but am convinced that rest is going to be awesome. It's light, durable, quiet, and man, I want one. The price is pretty damn steep though. $125 off the website, man, that's A LOT for a arrow rest. I've been trying to talk them into getting them in at Scheel' but so far it's a no go. Let me know if you get your hands on one and how it works.

I love my Trap Door. The new model for this year looks to be even better. The price is a little better, MSRP $89.95.

Hey Muddy,

I thought the Dropzone was pretty heavy ... you're right about the price too. That's A LOT of cashola. Personally, I like the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter. It does the same thing and costs right at $70. I've also heard the Drop Zone has been having some technical difficulties ... the linkage coming apart in the rest, problems with the arm raising, etc. Just some things to ponder.

-Jody

Makes no sense to me why anyone would spend $60 more on a rest that has more moving parts and a more difficult set up than the Trophy taker/Shakey hunter family. Ask the people that do the shooting for the shops around your area, bets are they will be trophy takers. It's the only rest I've sold that I haven't had ANY trouble with. Scouts honor.

Besides, the $60 you save can go toward an upgraded string where you can see some real improvement.

Djhunter

KANSAN - I wasn't aware of those problems. I just know what I've seen in several magazines and from Trophy Ridges (unbiased
smile.gif
) website.

Djhunter - You're probably right with assuming that most proshop guys shoot the trophy taker. Not as complicated and it's reliabe. I know that most of us in the Coralville scheels are shooting T.T. rests. I love mine and would be hard pressed to change...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't accept a DropZone as a gift and give it a try!!

i had a chance to check one of these out at work. yes, they are prety heavy but man i think they can take a pile of abuse. it's a pretty simple set up and there's a spring that pushes the arrow launcher back down VERY quickly. after looking at this rest i want one pretty bad but they are EXPENSIVE!!! also, i don't know how they'll work on a TEC riser of the new hoyt bows, the wheel where the string pulls up the rest is directly in front/behind the riser. will ask some questions and post again.

The dropzone raises the arrow very smoothly, quietly and drops out of the way on release very quickly. It may be expensive but I really like mine. The string will contact the tech riser on a Hoyt bow but I think you would have to shoot a lifetime to create any noticeable wear and in no way hinders a smooth operation.

glad to hear that it's working out for you Ghostie, i was begining to get worried. by the way, how's your grouping with that new bow??

I picked up a TT Shaker the other day. I haven't had alot of time to shoot it but the intial 50 shots were excellant. Thanks guys for the info.
Nonres

nonres, your'e talking about a diferent rest, the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, we're talkin about the Trophy Ridge Dropzone. Not sure if you knew that or not!!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom