Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone fishing Green Island yet this spring?

deeraddict

PMA Member
Can anyone give me the info on Grren Island? I haven't been up there for 2 years. Always had a blast there catching nice Bass, Northern and the occaisional Hybrid bass. Even caughta few big gills and crappies on the bass lures. Is it flooded this spring? Would like to try and make a trip up in may or early June. Thanks

I'm guessing that it's pretty darn full even though it's diked off. Record rain falls have EVERYTHING over flowing.

Ya, I figured it to be full with all the rain, just was curious if the river was over the banks up there or not. I know the dike broke out a few years ago. Fishing seemed to be crappy for the next year after that.
Thanks,

Heard today that the dike may have broken again. Haven't confirmed it yet but I should know tomorrow. Also haven't heard anything on the fishing.
Maggs

Confirmed today. The levee broke on Monday at the same place it did in 1986. I do know they are hammering the carp with the bows. I would guess everything else would be pretty messed up for a while.
Maggs

Well that kinda sucks. Don't know if I will bother to go up this in June or not then. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom