Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone know the scoop on this buck?

biggest buck

Harrison county 2012. Supposedly archery, but found a few days after the kill. Scored right at 280. I know it was at the Iowa Deer Classic 2013. But I dont see it in the Iowa record book anymore. I've heard some rumors about it here in the area and u can't remember the guys name in the pic who shot it.
63b33b726e2e29a70b33d35039237bc9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6x6 may know. I remember he had some trail cam pics of the deer by one of his trees he puts on to be rubbed/scrapped on.

I know at the time i felt somewhat close to this. I was hunting between solider and moorehead and I knew this deer was taken near there.

Came from around magnolia I believe. Haven’t heard anything on it for a long time but from what I remember they were investigating wether it was actually killed by hunter or ehd. Haven’t heard anything since then. Good question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Deleted by Hardwood11
Show…
That's what I heard as well... hunter said it was shot, lost, then recovered and tagged at later date but was possibly looked at as EHD.

That's what I heard as well... hunter said it was shot, lost, then recovered and tagged at later date but was possibly looked at as EHD.
thats what I'm hearing now. If the DNR took the rack, what do you suppose they did with it?

The DNR did not take it. I believe it is in the record book as #2 archery non typical for iowa. He supposedly shot it opening day archery, and found it mid november in a creek. Lots of dead deer were in that creek that Fall due to EHD. I believe it was an ehd deer, but we’ll probably never know. Game warden said he was confident it was a ehd deer as well.

The DNR did not take it. I believe it is in the record book as #2 archery non typical for iowa. He supposedly shot it opening day archery, and found it mid november in a creek. Lots of dead deer were in that creek that Fall due to EHD. I believe it was an ehd deer, but we’ll probably never know. Game warden said he was confident it was a ehd deer as well.
When I pulled up the Iowa records online, it was not there anymore. Thats why I started asking about it and heard it was confiscated as an ehd death.

Top Bottom