Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AR shooters-look!

bjkpharmd

I got to handle one of these last week when my neighbor returned from the gun show. I didn't have a 30 round mag before and still seems like overkill but this thing is sweet!
EasyMag- AR15

wow that would be nice. All I have are 30 rounders right now and I hate shoving them in. How did they feel. solid?

And here I thought this would be an Archery Research post.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Not a problem I dont shoot Archery Research and I dont have any evil black rifles.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Dean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowhuntr311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I dont have any evil black rifles.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Dean </div></div>

Bet you wish you did /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowhuntr311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And here I thought this would be an Archery Research post.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Not a problem I dont shoot Archery Research and I dont have any evil black rifles.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Dean </div></div>Yea I thought it was archery research too. I have the black assault rifles though, Mr Zumbo, and love them. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Ha, messing with ya. A RRA .223 EOP and a DPMS LR 308.

What a great idea. I'm always afraid that I'm messing up the ballsitic tip when they catch on the edge of the mag when I slide 'em in. This would aleviate the problem, but I wouldn't need a 30 round mag for that.

The 'Bonker

Gundog- These are not a toy, very sturdy compared to anything I've seen. I could not beleive how slick they work. If you don't load the whole clip- the rounds just slide up as you close the front lip. Centerfire Sytems owner is my neighbor so I get to see quite a bit of stuff before it hits the website or catalog. I'm told that the same guy is working on one for the AK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... and a DPMS LR 308. </div></div>

How does the DPMS .308 shoot? Good gun?

Anybody ever shot any of the other "black" .308s?

I think I've pretty much talked myslef outta the Bushy .450. Too limiting on range and pretty pricey too. If I had the money I'd have both, but I think the .308 is a more practical choice.

I need opinions on black .308s.

Thanks.

The 'Bonker

I know they have a 308-.450 combo at sheels. pretty sweet /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I know some guys prefer the .308 because of the larger bullet size. Stabile at longer ranges and on windy days. I would like to shoot one too just to see what the recoil was like. Fast follow-up shots are nice, but hard to do after being knocked on your cheeks.

I spent a lot of hours behind the trigger of an AR-10T in 243 (Same rifle as the 308 Target). It shot some amazing groups for an auto loader... I wouldn't shy from one at all in either cal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... and a DPMS LR 308. </div></div>

How does the DPMS .308 shoot? Good gun?

</div></div>Puts bullets in one ragged hole at 100 yds, all day long. I have never shot it further than 100 yds. It is a very high quality firearm. I ordered this gun new and went with some upgrades from the factory, They are:
JP adjustable trigger
24 "Stainless fluted bbl
Dust cover
forward assist

my Rock River arms .223 shoots the same tight groups. These AR's are awesome firearms and perfect for hunting and defense. Most people probably scoff at the notion that my AR's will out shoot ot shoot as well as any boltaction rifle. They can scoff all they want. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
BTW; optics on both firearms are Burris 4.5 X14

I have shot just a few groups out of a DPMS 308. Had some trigger work done I think, and it was a dream to shoot. I would have one but I cant afford one. I dont shoot my deer rifle more than 10 times a year the way it is, definatly dont need another:(.

Dean

Top Bottom