Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow speed

Headgear,
That forum is acting up a little. Plus we are trying to keep any and all Clinometer users out of there... Did you get that art I sent??? Did it work this time? Send me an email to let me know... Thanks.

Interesting Chart.

I wonder how fast your arrow needs to go to eliminate your 30 yard pin (ie 20 and 30 yard pins are the same)?

By the way I think I fixed our problem with not being able to post in Tech Talk.

Please give it a try and let me know.

Thanks for the Heads up,

For all of you who are scratching your heads and wondering what the heck we were talking about in the first two posts this is what happened. I tried to post in the Tech Talk forum but it wouldn't let me so I posted in the Whitetail forum and Limb or somebody moved it back over to here.

There you have it.

Works fine Chris. Thanx!!

Chris, that is a interesting question. According to Shaft Selector Pro (computer program) if your bow weight is 67lbs and your arrow length is 29 inches and your draw length is 28 inches and your tip weight is 100grn and lets say you are shooting a bow that shoots about 260 feet per second, you should be able to hit the kill zone if you shoot at the same spot on the target from 0 to 26 yards. This is using a ACC arrow with a total weight of 450grn. According to the calculations on the program that would be a tolerance of 4 inches high at point blank range to 4 inches low at 26 yards.

Makes a pretty good case for the one pin technique if you have the right set up.

Oh sure, that's fine . . . on level ground. But let's say you are shooting from a treestand. Whadda you going to do about the angle ? If there was just something that would help . . .

CamoMan

If Headgear is in a treestand he'll whip out his clinometer and take care of the problem.

wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

I learn something new everyday here- gravity must add to arrow speed from a tree so the clinometer would be just the ticket.

Okay, now one of my posts is missing. I had a post between Muddy and Pharmer! I am going to have to start using my clinometer on this web site if this keeps up.
grin.gif

To all the comedians above... bite me!
grin.gif

Top Bottom