Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

At Home Or Abroad?

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
Saw five longbeards hanging out in one of my honey holes tonight. That and the prospect of near 60-degree temps by the end of the week is making my shhhnoodle grow.

Who is hunting outside of Iowa this year, and where?

Or are you keeping it local?

Can't get here fast enough!!!!

:drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2:

Kansas, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky

Been hearing birds gobble quite a bit lately. 4 more weeks

Our whole season will be within 1 mile of our house. We have alot of older birds grouped up now, but who knows which will end up where by mid april?

IMG_0198_zps70c7952b.jpg

IMG_01892_zpsf644074e.jpg

Last edited:
Iowa and South Dakota for me :drink2:. This year has been way worse than previous, I'm like a little kid on Christmas, except it's a month out :mad::mad::mad:. It's especially bad seeing all these big groups of birds in my area. Man what a couple good springs does to the turkey population. :way:

wbypo0.jpg

Last edited:
This will be my first year hunting in Iowa, and Im pumped! Just got permission on a few decent properties.. and Im taking out a bunch of first-timers as well, so that should be a blast..

Besides Iowa, I will hunt Nebraska for sure and then possibly Wisconsin if I have time...

Just Iowa and Minnesota for me this spring. 3 buddies from Michigan drew tags though, and a youth hunter to take. Should be another stellar spring. LOTS of birds around :way:

I'll be heading over to NM in mid April for their season opener and then, since I didn't get my Goulds tag (again), I'll get my OTC archery tag for a spot about 45 minute from home here in AZ. One of these days I'll make it back to Iowa.

I'll be heading over to NM in mid April for their season opener and then, since I didn't get my Goulds tag (again), I'll get my OTC archery tag for a spot about 45 minute from home here in AZ. One of these days I'll make it back to Iowa.

Hey buddy, you even want to head further east and hit IL or IN let me know and we will make it happen. Plenty of birds and land to hunt out this way.

Kratz

Hey buddy, you even want to head further east and hit IL or IN let me know and we will make it happen. Plenty of birds and land to hunt out this way.

Kratz

Thanks, Jarrin! To be honest, I'd be interested in meeting up with you in Kansas sometime! And in the spirit of reciprocity, you know you've always got a place if you want to chase real mountain Merriams here in AZ or in NM!

Hunting, Iowa (1st and 4th) MO, Wis and end in KS! Next spring IA, KS, MO looking at getting back to Neb and maybe MN and/or SD!

Heading to Nebraska in two weeks.......going to be a fun trip w/ 4 buddies. We've got an old farm house we are staying in w/ more turkey hunting ground than we will likely even be able to cover in 4 days- Very fortunate!

Then, youth season in Iowa- We (trophypursuit.com) are putting 2 guided youth hunts into a silent raffle at the Vital Outdoorsmen Banquet in Pella, IA- all proceeds go to the church. We'll film the youth hunters, and put their hunts on TP.com. Should be fun!

Then, season here in Iowa- I'll likely do bow, then 4th season gun.

End my season in Kansas w/ Uhlik Outfitters.

Going to be a season full of a lot of memories :)

Hoping to make it out to Wyoming, MN, and here at home. Just hoping to get within 100 yards of a turkey this year. :way:

Going to start here in Iowa with the bow then head to Kansas April 19th with the boom stick and possibly hit Nebraska later in the season. :way:

Going to just be traveling around Iowa this year... all other plans went into the garbage for now...Just looking forward to hunting up around the Harpers Ferry area this year :way:

Top Bottom