Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Atrazine VS. Atrazine 4L

mswaldo

Is Atrazine and Atrazine 4L the same thing? I am looking to buy Atrazine and see Atrazine 4L at $89 for 2.5 gallons.

Just want to make sure what I am getting.

thanks

Without seeing the label my guess is the 4L is 4 pound of active ingredient per gallon.
It is restricted use so be sure of what you are getting for the intended use.

I haven't bought atrazine since last winter & spring but I recall all I could buy was 4L - all that was out there from several companies. Sounded like "standard atrazine". I sure applied it as standard atrazine (as bad as it sounds, I maybe glanced at label, maybe not - as I've used it a lot over the years).
You have 2 issues with atrazine.... 1) there is a legal limit to it, 2.2 roughly is legal limit. At least in Iowa. If I was doing a one time spraying on switch and I didn't have this restriction, I'd do 4-5. If I did a one time spraying at a higher rate to establish switch & it was LEGAL, I would feel ZERO guilt because that's 1 & only time it's being used and over a small area VS the millions of acres it's applied to yearly or bi-yearly (and on worked up eroded soil) with corn, etc. More the better if legal. 2) Atrazine at "too high a rate" on corn will set your beans back the following year. Especially if applied later, cooler summer, certain soils, etc, etc. Your beans will be hurt. If I'm running beans next year, I'll hit with about 1.5 on the atrazine and then go heavy on the WARRANT (Acetochlor) (similar to Dual II Magnum, etc) which won't hurt beans but the combo keeps weeds down all year, especially at higher rates on Warrant.
Make sure whatever you're using it for, you have exposed soil and not a field full of trash on top.

Checked in my shop all mine is 4L regular atrazine. It is 4 pounds active ingredient.so at 2 quarts you would be below legal limits. There are also set backs from water sources.

switchgrass planting

I am using it for a switchgrass planting and will be the only time I spray it. Not sure if I will be able to order it on line or not without a license.

You ain't gonna get it online. You have to have a license or applicator with one. you'll get it from your local co-op.

Top Bottom