Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

B-mobile, or pretty boy...any real difference

teeroy

Life Member
i'm interested in these new decoys that you can use an actual turkey fan. any pro/cons of one over the other?

I made my own deek out of a Delta breeding jake last year. I painted the head, added a beard and real tail feathers. Got my first mature gobbler with the bow at very close range, these things work! Used the same decoy to bring in my cousins first bow bird for a G.G. head shot! The BIG advantage that I see in the B-Mobile decoy is that it is collapsible, and you add real feathers to an acordian type bracket that closes up for transport. The Pretty Boy is a very realistic decoy but is more awkward and bulky to carry. And then the fan is preserved in the open position making it more of a pain to carry without destroying it. The final straw is the pricing. The B-Mobile is about $30 cheaper! Thats my two cents... but then I shoot a Mathews so what do I know?
grin.gif

Pretty boy all the way for me, you hunt by one once and you will see why. It is absolutely amazing the results those things produce
grin.gif
I bought a nice duck hunting decoy bag with the backpack straps for mine to carry around, but it works like a champ.
grin.gif

I made this one from an old hard shell blow molded decoy. Just cut the tail off, inserted some plywood, screwed a real tail fan to it, and repainted the head with a rattle can.

He is affectionately named "UGLY TOM"...
evil.gif

8375606t2.JPG

I'm going to try a pretty boy this year and i hope it works as well as i've heard!

Don't know about the B-Mobile but we have had great luck with the pretty boy. I like the realistic look. I doubt the birds would really notice the difference that much though.

26prettyboy.jpg

This one got knocked over and the bird that came in with these other two ended up taking a ride in the truck.

26DSC00033.gif

26prettyboy2-med.gif

Dang that is realistic!
cool.gif

Did you hunt from a D-Bull most of the time Limb?

Guy needs a pack mule to haul all that stuff...or an eager young hunter!
grin.gif

Yep, in my opinion it is just alot more enjoyable to me. I have killed them with a bow without a blind and it is a challenge but isn't brain surgery. We get four guys a camera, a lot of food, and those magazines you just read for the articles and have a blast...
waytogo.gif

Everything fits on a Badlands 2200 nicely.

2606IAlongbeard1-med.jpg

26DSC01537.JPG

Yea, you can just snap one of the bat-wing straps through the hole on the bottom of the decoy. Usually there is at least two of us and the other guy usually gets to carry the "spread".
evil.gif
You can also pick up a cargo net at walmart and hook that to your pack and put the decoy(s) under there I have done it both ways. They (cargo nets) work out great for packing clothes clothes on the Lone Wolf as well.

But if flying solo it is possible. The bobble heads get put on the bottom of the pack in those two straps or under the net.

"Yep, in my opinion it is just alot more enjoyable to me. I have killed them with a bow without a blind and it is a challenge but isn't brain surgery. We get four guys a camera, a lot of food, and those magazines you just read for the articles and have a blast... "

and I'm sure there isn't a cooler back at the truck involved here?
grin.gif
grin.gif

I can't wait to get after the gobblers. Now if i can just hit the little bastards this year
smirk.gif

Anybody have a tail fan they are willing to sell? I pretty much torched mine carrying it in an out with my pretty boy last year.

Your a day late DOR, I just tossed a couple I had in the garage.

I enjoy hunting with my Double B, but it get's old toting that much equipement all the time. Might try to build a couple natural blinds in consistent areas this year.

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm sure there isn't a cooler back at the truck involved here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only at the end of the day...

26DSC01526.JPG

We can come back and relax next to the horse stables...
evil.gif

26DSC01529.JPG

Take a nice warm shower...

26DSC01531.JPG

Then brush our tooth...

26DSC01547.JPG

Can you buy those acordian type brackets separately from primos for use with a pretty boy? I'd like to use my own fan w/ a pretty boy but it would be akward to carry in the field. If not, how would one make their own acordian bracket?

primos sells their fan bracket, that can be folded up. from what i have read the pretty boys fan mountisn't collapsable

Sounds like the way to would be to buy the pretty boy (and pretty girl) and then buy primos fan mount, assuming that their fan mount will fit into the pretty boy's tail fan slot.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you buy those acordian type brackets separately from primos for use with a pretty boy? I'd like to use my own fan w/ a pretty boy but it would be akward to carry in the field. If not, how would one make their own acordian bracket?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you could use a acordian style bracket on a real fan?

Top Bottom