Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

B-mobile, or pretty boy...any real difference

[ QUOTE ]
So we decided two pretty boys and twice as many hens, that did the trick

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya hear that Muddy...bring a truck load!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dang...I can't believe I don't have one of those things yet!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

I went and really looked the B Mobile over today, I really hate how you have to use a wingnut to keep the fan in place and I don't see how you could ever put a real fan on there without it being a pain in the ass. With the pretty boy you can simply shove the fan into the back end of the decoy and you're good. With B mobile you have to screw it on, which we all know can cost you a hot bird. Just my two cents, but I'm keeping my Pretty Boy and the B Mobile will stay in the store.

[ QUOTE ]
I went and really looked the B Mobile over today, I really hate how you have to use a wingnut to keep the fan in place and I don't see how you could ever put a real fan on there without it being a pain in the ass. With the pretty boy you can simply shove the fan into the back end of the decoy and you're good. With B mobile you have to screw it on, which we all know can cost you a hot bird. Just my two cents, but I'm keeping my Pretty Boy and the B Mobile will stay in the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been debating which one to get for a while now. I think you just helped me decide, Muddy. I am heading to Cabela's in about 15 minutes
grin.gif
. Glad I saw this post before I left. They will both get a very close inspection.

can anybody post a pic of the mount to use a real fan from both the pretty boy and the b-mobile? i'm leaning pretty hard towards the pretty boy. (i was even before this post) based soley on the realism. i'm working on an idea to make a fold-up bracket to use a real fan. i need a jake fan to use as a guniea pig..anybody got one they don't need? i have something that i think will work, i just haven't come up with a good way to tie it all together

There is no mounting system for the pretty boy really. You take your turkey fan and put it in a slot in the back end of the decoy and it's pinched into place, nice and simple. Easily put in and easily removed, that bmobile you have a 1/2 inch of bolt sticking out the back end and you wingnut the cloth fan on.

That answer it? If not, I'll catch you at the banquet.

i meant the thing that holds your fan together. i suppose i could just wait until the classic, i'm sure there will be a few for sale

Oh, the pretty boy has nothing that holds the fan together. I simply dried out the three sections of the fan and hot glued them together, they are solid enough on their own to sit in the little butt slot on the Pretty Boy. If you were to use the BMObile I have no idea how you'd attach it to the bolt with the wingnut. I just thought of another thing with that wingnut... imagine dropping that bugger some morning in the dark while setting up, or dropping it in long grass while hurrying to set up on a hot longbeard.

Pretty Boy.
waytogo.gif

Man I spent a chunk of change tonight. Finally picked up a pretty boy and a DB Matrix at the new Bass Pro down the street. I am very pleased with both items. I got the DB set up in the living room right now, this thing is AWESOME. One question though. Was it supposed to come with stakes to hold it down, or do I need to rob some from my tent? I am so ready for some turkey hunting now I can't stand it. All I need now is a comfy chair. And maybe another deek.

I saw this at Bass Pro tonight and it is the best hen decoy made IMO. It is hard shelled so it is just one more bulky item to drag in the woods, but the realism is unmatched. It's airbrushed and the paintjob is incredible. I've never seen it before so I wanted to share this with you guys, its worth checking out.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_91369_400006013_400000000_400006000_400-6-13

I have heard of jake deeks scarring toms off..
confused.gif

have any of you had this happen with the full strut deeks?

cooter. i just heard the same today when showing someone my new pretty boy. never seen it. my tom last year came to a jake and two hens.

ugggg
the next month or so is going to take forever!!!
i agree with the thought that location is more important.....
however, that prettyboy/girl is very realistic, yet not as moble as B mobile.....so what ever tickles your belly i guess
grin.gif

Who needs a tom decoy when they are armed with a Power Crystal slate, Sonic mouth call, Browning BPS, and the love triangle(two pretty hens and a cocky young jake) I'm just joking, really bored at work and this weather is making me wish I was sitting in a timber at 6:30 for flydown. Can't wait to play some music on the slate and get the toms a running. 1 month boys, 1 month!

One word of advise guys, no matter which one you choose, make damn sure you are aware of other hunters that are possibly approaching you, especially if you are hunting public ground. I tell you one thing at 40 yards and a quick glimpse these decoys, that do move freely in the wind, will fool you every time. Heck even at 10 yards when I wake up and know its there I still get startled by it sometimes
blush.gif
I can see some idiot shooting at these things, and that is no joke.
frown.gif

Yeah I am really nervous about that. I hunt a lot of public ground. Well thats about all I hunt. There is even one spot that is a small tract that ccould be spotted from the woods. I figure I got twenty minutes after light to kill a bird in that spot before some yuppy puts a stalk on me.

I really dont want a face full of turkey load.

double bulls are resistant to lead shot right??

I would have to laugh if a bow hunter whacked my decoy while I took a nap.

Top Bottom