Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Baby faced buck that proves it’s easy to be fooled...

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
What age stands out on body & face??? Cover up rack with finger. U would say YOUNG- right?
He’s Seven years old. Seen him for last 5 years. This is why summer pics - u need a whole lot of em and really need to see in fall/rut and it’s STILL hard & very easy to be off by a couple years if you do not have history. Had I ONLY had these pics- would say “4 year old” maybe.....
a7223a34a5f66c125b7af70de821e2c4.jpg

9b16de5ecc39e9d500d0c575817f1c6b.jpg

Yep, I find it's hard to age them unless I have history and even then it's easy for me to be off by a year.

Same thing could of been said with this one. These are pictures a friend sent me last year. My thoughts were it was a young buck with huge potential. It was killed a few weeks later and it was definitely an old brute of a deer.
c3e7f78dd682050a559a665a8f523b58.jpg
312fbe614eeb28b06aabc340a42e1d1f.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It’s fun to try and guess the age of deer. I don’t do it publicly but in reality if I haven’t attended all of his birthdays ( pics for history) it still only a guess!
Sweet looking buck Skip!!

Wow, very interesting. The longer I hunt deer, the more I find that I know less than I think. Just like that kid in middle school who could grow a beard, or the balding high schooler, always gonna be outliers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom