Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bad day icefishing

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
So this happened just 3/4 a mile from my house. I live just a hop and skip away from a small lake that my town was built on. On St. Patricks day an older gentalman from the area decided the ice was still thick enough to drive his RED F150 out on. After his truck dropped in but only 3 of the 4 tires(hung up on the frame) he walked off the lake and uptown to local cafe. He enlisted a friends help, the friend in the WHITE F150 drove out to give some assistance and on the way out to the other truck; SPLASH. Everyone made it out safely was able to get off away before this happened. When the white truck went down so did the red truck.
picture.php

The next day they both enlisted the help of a local towing company.

picture.php

After serveral hours of work they almost had it out....

picture.php

No one was injured in any of these events.

Moral of the story: when you get 1 truck stuck a BIGGER truck is not always the answer.

haha... that would SUCK! is this anywhere near the New London/Spicer area? I have a bunch of friends that live there

This is exactly why I don't ice fish.... fat kids don't walk on things that break.

The End

When they go through the ice up at Okoboji they just wait until ice out and pull them out with a tug boat. That's the smart way to go. Common sense was definitely lacking in this situation.

Unbelievable....but seriously...after one wouldn't you think?

No kidding! My sympathy level was not too high for the first guy going through the ice given all of the warm weather, etc...but by the time the two truck dropped in I have NO sympathy left.

The fact that no one got hurt during this whole thing is great...and makes it much more funny to me! haha

You got to be kidding me....who would ever think that after two half ton's fall thru the ice it would be a good idea to bring out an even bigger truck on the ice??????????????????????????????? Gotta question the brightness of these people.

Riddle - How many trucks have to fall through the ice before they determine the ice is too thin for trucks?

Top Bottom