Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Barn Siding

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have ever had a barn re-roofed and re-sided and wondered what a good estimate for cost might be. I'd like to do some of the work myself, but wondering what it should cost for a contractor to do it. The barn is about 32' x 20' with a 32' x 15' enclosed lean-to. Main part of the barn has about a 9 in 12 pitch, and not sure on the lean-to, but guessing is probably 5 or 6 in 12. Peak is about 18' high. Side walls are about 10' high on one side and 7' on the lean-to.

I'm thinking about going with metal for the roof and siding. It has wood panel siding (rotted) to come off before the metal goes on, which would go directly over the existing original wood siding. Would need a couple new sliding doors to be built. No wainscot, just solid color for the sides with trim to match the roof. The roof has a couple layers of asphalt shingles and original wood shingles to come off. I was told we would need to put down sheeting and felt paper and then the metal roof. Would do fascia and soffit as well.

Any ideas what this should run?

32x20x7sidewall at 3 dollars a foot depending on where u get ur steel menards runs about 2 dollars a ft would take 11 sheets 231 dollars for steel x 2 for both sidewalls gabel 20 wide 18 tall 3 dollars a ft 7 sheets dropping teo ft a sheet at a 8/12 right around 300 roughly x two total in steel without ir lean 1080 plus labor few days three guys roughly 3500 right around 5000 dollars by a contractor

Get it at menards and do it urself mayb 800 dollars lot more time for u might not turn out as good but can be done not to hard strip it with 1x4s instead of tearing off barbord save alota lanor on urself

Top Bottom