Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Barnes Spit-Fire T-EZ Bullets

Buckhunter

Just bought 48 of these to shoot out of our T/C encore 50 cals and was wondering if anyone here has used these with blackhorn and what we can expect from these as far as accuracy and knockdown. We have been using the T/C spitfire's but after a lack of blood after the shot on a couple does and my wife losing a nice high 140's buck last year during late muzz we are looking for something that might be more effective. Just looking for advice on loads for blackhorn and 250gr bullets with these. I have heard and read alot of good things about these bullets.

You made a good choice on the Barnes line! I have yet to hear anything bad about them! I recently bought the expander MZ and spitfire TMZ this summer.. and have not shot them as of yet...i will be doing some test runs here in august or so. Pretty excited about the bullets and overall reviews!:)

I also am interested in the charges ppl are using and seeing results with. 100g or 150g 777 is what I'll be using depending.

I am shooting 120 grain BH209 and the 250 grain TMZs. Tack driver out to 200yds. Sight dead on at 150 and you will be about 3.5 inches low at 200. you will be 3 inches high at 100yds. At least that is how my gun is. I think the only difference in the TEZ and TMZ is the sabot. I believe the TEZ is slimmer for easier loading.

I've personally shot 5 deer with that bullet and different charges of Blackhorn from 100-120 grains. Accuracy is amazing. And I've yet to have a deer make it more than 50-60 yards.
I was lucky enough to recover the bullet from one deer and it expanded perfectly.
Blood trails are short but they do open one big nasty wound. If taken square in the shoulder you will be throwing away some meat.
I shoot about between 100-150 shots out of my muzzeloader each year mostly because I enjoy it and I want to know how my gun shoots at all ranges. Best combo of accuracy and on game performance I've found is Barnes and blackhorn.

Good choice, I shoot them out of my Encore and my sons Omega with 110g BH. Groups are great.

Shot a buck 190 yards this year, liver hit, only went 40 yards. My son shot his at 155 yards, went about 80 yards.

The TEZ is also the easiest loading sabot I've found for my T/C's.

I forgot to mention that we have had shots from 20 yards to 217 and that bullet has preformed great no matter the distance.

Here is a 200 yard 3 shot group with 120 grains BH209 and 250 grain TMZs out of my cva accura V2.
982-cva_group_232004.jpg

Nice shootin Mike! And thanks for the load data everyone. Sounds like these will be great shooters and get the job done.

Top Bottom