Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Beatty's Buck Sparks Heated Records Debate

On the topic of the bow letoffs I don't think it is really that big of deal. Even if you have a bow with 75% letoff or more you still have to make the shot, get yourself in a position for the shot, get drawn on the animal, and everything thing else that leads up to taking an animal with a bow. I don't see why it matters if you can hold at full for a couple more seconds, it is not like you are in your stand with your bow at full draw all of the time. That is just how I feel about the subject. And I take my hat off to Mr. Beatty for taking such a fine animal.

I'll continue to buy and hunt with my 65% letoff Hoyts. Personally, I hold better with a 65% letoff than with 75-80% and it would be a shame to shoot a world class buck and not be able to enter it into P&Y. I do agree that P&Y and the state DNRs should limit the amount allowable, but do not feel that 75-80% is excessive. As for the Beatty buck, congrats and nice deer! I'm glad to see that a bowhunter harvested the highest scoring non-typical ever by a hunter. This has been acknowledged now by B&C and BTR.

Rules are rules. I shoot a 65% let-off bow just for that reason. Not that I think I will shoot a new world record, but any deer over 125 makes P&Y. If you want to be recognized by a certian club you better follow their rules. Just like going 75 in a 65 mph zone. Yah it's not much faster but it's still breaking the rules. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom