Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Been quiet

Ok lets say I own a house in the keys. See florida has no state income tax. Hannity and rush both moved to florida to avoid giving govt 55 percent in ny.

Ok now I buy a place in iowa and take up deer hunting..just like lee l. See I remember him stating that he came to iowa to take up deer hunting. Now if I remember right there is the exact words in the docs stating that one cant come here for the purpose of deer hunting. I know I read that.

Now I peed off...if I pay taxes, income taxes here and all of the above then leave me the f alone. This place aint that great people. You and I aint sittin on the wreck of the atocha. I own and love it but the only beef is you want free access and hunting. Go the heck to work save save save and save some more just like I did and then tell yourself the have nots still have the say. Seems pretty liberal basic thoughts to me.

Failed the residency test...?

interpretation of the law....?

Ok I got my answer from you, those two comments are exactly what I have been trying to point out! Thanks.

So, you saying you don't think the Iowa Supreme Court has the ability to read and interpret a law?

Are you also saying that those guys meet the residency requirement?

Please, do explain.

Ok lets say I own a house in the keys. See florida has no state income tax. Hannity and rush both moved to florida to avoid giving govt 55 percent in ny.

Ok now I buy a place in iowa and take up deer hunting..just like lee l. See I remember him stating that he came to iowa to take up deer hunting. Now if I remember right there is the exact words in the docs stating that one cant come here for the purpose of deer hunting. I know I read that.

Now I peed off...if I pay taxes, income taxes here and all of the above then leave me the f alone. This place aint that great people. You and I aint sittin on the wreck of the atocha. I own and love it but the only beef is you want free access and hunting. Go the heck to work save save save and save some more just like I did and then tell yourself the have nots still have the say. Seems pretty liberal basic thoughts to me.

I'm sure this all made perfect sense to you when you typed it. But........

The Iowa Supreme Court has the ability to read and interpret a law?

I'm not a lawyer, but I think what the Supreme Court ruling does is allow the DNR to determine, on a case by case basis, who qualifies for resident licenses.

I'm sure there are those who want it codified, but they are probably the ones that will look to satisfy the minimum requirements set forth by law.

So reading all this residency interpretation Then i once again have to ask you iowa residents and non residents why no one gives a crap that mark drury and jeff /david lindsey are parading around with our governor this weekend. These guys are not residents and they are not qualified to give the governor advice on how to manage deer. At least lakoskys and kiskis live here. When people talk about writing letters to the governor. This is worth attacking.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think what the Supreme Court ruling does is allow the DNR to determine, on a case by case basis, who qualifies for resident licenses.

I'm sure there are those who want it codified, but they are probably the ones that will look to satisfy the minimum requirements set forth by law.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree. The DNR now has the ability to pursue those that are skirting the requirements for the sole purpose of shooting trophy bucks. Because, bottom line, that's all this is about. Some folks that want to come hunt for big bucks every year and are willing to go to extreme lengths to do it. But, they are not willing to do the one thing required......actually move themselves and their families here.

Thanks for an intelligent response.

Fletch
Im my brain yes but im stupid.
As for judges they legislate from the bench. Dont for one minute think they dont have agendas or are swayed one way or another.
As for the deer I think we are fighting over tidbits now. What good is access resident or nr if what you are after is no longer there?
The real issue to me is the state of the deer herd and quality hunting. I dont think its productive for any of us when we should be banding together and get this lack of deer and quality thing turned around.

Think about this for a moment, all the land owners today are left holding a brick if the herd hits rock bottom. Their land value is lowered if dder is part of their land worth. Be glad you dont own right now is another way to look at it. See im stuck with my land cause its all I have. Some one else not a land owner is more free to roam around to other places. I move to delete this thread.

So reading all this residency interpretation Then i once again have to ask you iowa residents and non residents why no one gives a crap that mark drury and jeff /david lindsey are parading around with our governor this weekend. These guys are not residents and they are not qualified to give the governor advice on how to manage deer. At least lakoskys and kiskis live here. When people talk about writing letters to the governor. This is worth attacking.

I still think you will see action taken on this. I really do. I think the DNR was just waiting to get the nod from the Court. Their neighbors know full well when they are around. I am in agreement with you that an example needs to be made if they continue hunting as residents and do not meet the requirements. If they do what it takes to meet the requirements, good for them.....Welcome to Iowa.

Fletch
Im my brain yes but im stupid.
As for judges they legislate from the bench. Dont for one minute think they dont have agendas or are swayed one way or another.
As for the deer I think we are fighting over tidbits now. What good is access resident or nr if what you are after is no longer there?
The real issue to me is the state of the deer herd and quality hunting. I dont think its productive for any of us when we should be banding together and get this lack of deer and quality thing turned around.

Think about this for a moment, all the land owners today are left holding a brick if the herd hits rock bottom. Their land value is lowered if dder is part of their land worth. Be glad you dont own right now is another way to look at it. See im stuck with my land cause its all I have. Some one else not a land owner is more free to roam around to other places. I move to delete this thread.

Those of us that have land now are actually in better shape than the rest. At least we can determine how many does we kill and what bucks get to walk. I know of several managed properties that are in great shape for deer numbers and quality. EHD and CWD are the only variables that cant be controlled. In my opinion, if CWD hits or if EHD still hangs around this year, we may be glad that numbers are somewhat down. It will slow the spread.

Since you started this thread (Thanks by the way!!!):D

I would ask you, is the state of Iowa going after these guys if they were not deer hunters? Example--They decided to establish residency in Iowa because of a better tax situation?

I would ask you, is the state of Iowa going after these guys if they were not deer hunters? Example--They decided to establish residency in Iowa because of a better tax situation?

If not, what resource are we losing to them? What is the negative consequence to true residents from your example? Any?

Just shared a link, at first made no comment. :D

As to what other state agencies pursue, guess that is up to them. I haven't heard of Iowa being much of a "tax shelter".

Again, it seems the ruling leaves it up to the state departments to formulate their guidelines.

Just shared a link, at first made no comment. :D

As to what other state agencies pursue, guess that is up to them. I haven't heard of Iowa being much of a "tax shelter".

Again, it seems the ruling leaves it up to the state departments to formulate their guidelines.

It's not a tax haven, but you can't pick and choose, that is discrimination

If not, what resource are we losing to them? What is the negative consequence to true residents from your example? Any?

So again this residency requirement is only enforced on deer hunters, just as I stated earlier and you denied that!

So again this residency requirement is only enforced on deer hunters, just as I stated earlier and you denied that!

Yep, you win. That's exactly what I said. (Really?) Or at least what you read.

Try getting any form of state financial assistance and not prove residency. I am sure there are many instances that require proof of residency, but that is way beyond the scope of your narrow focus. You would have to prove residency in Iowa to get a divorce here. Prove residency to get in-state tuition at our Universities. The list goes on and on.... Poor, poor deer hunters. They're being repressed!

Seriously, you really need to think these things through before you spout off and end up choking on your foot again and again.

I am done. But, ultimately, the resident hunters in Iowa won this one. That's all that really matters. Now, the enforcement begins. And it will. No matter how terribly unfair it might seem to you.....its over.

But, before I go.....are you going to let me buck hunt on your 120 in Iowa? How many residents do?

Last edited:
See ya!!

No you can't hunt my land since I doubt you passed gun training

This from the guy that called me a third grader. Solid post.

Gun training???? I hope we only require that of non-residents. LOL

I will use my bow. So....? How many residents get to hunt there? Simple question.

This from the guy that called me a third grader. Solid post.

Gun training???? I hope we only require that of non-residents. LOL

I will use my bow. So....? How many residents get to hunt there? Simple question.

Ok, we are good (enough insults both ways)!

(1) resident hunter invited....(3) resident neighbors hunted it without permission (trespass)

Last edited:
Top Bottom