Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Been quiet

As far as the constitutional issue nothing new here at all and nothing to get excited about. These types of decisions have been handed down from all levels of our court system. If any other decision but this had been made then we would need to worry. We would be back on our way to all animals belonging to the king.

Already there. Hail King Terry. :(

Really? Don't buy land in Iowa if you don't like laws, pretty simple. You can buy ground in other states and manage just the same as Iowa.....

The article does a good job of misleading the voting public. The landowners still have the right to hunt on their properties, just have to wait every couple years for a buck tag. They can probably get a doe tag every year and hunt any other critter but buck deer. They knew this when they purchased their ground.

To encourage and celebrate one rule, regulation or law that is in your favor you are asking for more to follow that wont be so well liked. My freedom loving side of me says no to this law that benefits me. JMO

Agree I'm 100 percent conservative ... I'll bet $100 this was a decision by a liberal judge

Don't get me wrong Iowa is THE best deer hunting in US, but liberal thinking scares me

Agree I'm 100 percent conservative ... I'll bet $100 this was a decision by a liberal judge

Don't get me wrong Iowa is THE best deer hunting in US, but liberal thinking scares me

"A" liberal judge? Most Supreme Courts have many members.

And this is nothing new, folks. The law has been on the books for a long time. It's not a liberal or conservative "agenda".

Since I own my own land, I shouldn't have any hunting restrictions. Seasons open 24/7/365. No bag limits either. I think I need to invest in a new rifle to use too. And a good spotlight.

Since it is mine, I think I'll drain the part that has a wetland determination without getting the required permissions from the NRCS (which they cannot give if not already tiled).

Since I own my own land, send that bull moose that has been wandering around, my way. Once he hits my property, I own him and he's going down! It's my land so I have the RIGHT and entitlement to do so.

Insert sarcastic smiley here.

It's been a little quiet around here lately. Figured this might help.:D

Good one! How many replies are you predicting this one will get?

Since I own my own land, I shouldn't have any hunting restrictions. Seasons open 24/7/365. No bag limits either. I think I need to invest in a new rifle to use too. And a good spotlight.

Since it is mine, I think I'll drain the part that has a wetland determination without getting the required permissions from the NRCS (which they cannot give if not already tiled).

Since I own my own land, send that bull moose that has been wandering around, my way. Once he hits my property, I own him and he's going down! It's my land so I have the RIGHT and entitlement to do so.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok you didn't read the ruling and find any concern? The ruling didn't specify R or NR land ownership and you live in a democratic state that has politicians who would love to take your guns and hunting rights.

Last edited:
Ok you didn't read the ruling and find any concern? The ruling didn't specify R or NR land ownership and you live in a democratic state that has politicians who would love to take your guns and hunting rights. I guess I don't see it being that funny

I know my legislators personally. I meet with them regularly through work, talk in person, email them on gun and hunting issues. They know me by name. They don't want to take my guns or hunting rights.

I've met with Brandstad a couple of times, talked hunting and other issues. I'm POSITIVE he doesn't care to take my guns or hunting rights.

I will be able to sleep tonight. ;)

I know my legislators personally. I meet with them regularly through work, talk in person, email them on gun and hunting issues. They know me by name. They don't want to take my guns or hunting rights.

I've met with Brandstad a couple of times, talked hunting and other issues. I'm POSITIVE he doesn't care to take my guns or hunting rights.

I will be able to sleep tonight. ;)

Ok sounds good I feel better now, I don't know your legislators personally, but I thought I saw Iowa voted for Obama but I could be wrong

Last edited:
Funny that the only ones screaming about the sky falling are those that dont live here and now have soggy cheerios from crying in them. I hope those guys spent a PILE of money to fight this all the way to the Supreme Court.

All this ruling says is that the State of Iowa has the right to continue managing a resource in the way they see fit. Happy Days!

The scare tactics did not work guys, give up on them already. Stick a fork in it, its done! :drink2::D

Funny that the only ones screaming about the sky falling are those that dont live here and now have soggy cheerios from crying in them. I hope those guys spent a PILE of money to fight this all the way to the Supreme Court.

All this ruling says is that the State of Iowa has the right to continue managing a resource in the way they see fit. Happy Days!

The scare tactics did not work guys, give up on them already. Stick a fork in it, its done! :drink2::D

Didn't you just post that you need 25-30 does shot off your property? But you ok with a NR getting one or zero tags per year. Explain

Iowa voted for Obama but I could be wrong
Iowa voted for Obama because of the number of voters living in cities, a problem that is facing the nation. Rural areas that are conservative have been losing people as they move to the city looking for jobs.

I live and work in the Johnson County area which is the most liberal area of the state. I'm glad I get the opportunity to talk to the elected officials and discuss views they don't hear very often.

Iowa voted for Obama because of the number of voters living in cities, a problem that is facing the nation. Rural areas that are conservative have been losing people as they move to the city looking for jobs.

I live and work in the Johnson County area which is the most liberal area of the state. I'm glad I get the opportunity to talk to the elected officials and discuss views they don't hear very often.

Really no offense to you or anyone...I'm just not naive to think liberal states won't try to limit opportunity in the future

Really no offense to you or anyone...I'm just not naive to think liberal states won't try to limit opportunity in the future
I share your concern that large population centers can exert their agendas onto less populated areas. Most often the views from these areas are widely disparate.

Top Bottom