Been quiet

Discussion in 'Iowa Whitetail Conference' started by JNRBRONC, Dec 6, 2013.

1. 12pointWoody

12pointWoody Member

For rifle season aren't you limited to a 5 round mag?

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. JNRBRONC

JNRBRONC Moderator

Hunt with a .223 if you want to add more $$ to the local economy in fines. ;)

4. henry5146

henry5146 New Member

if the dnr really cared about revenue they would jusy sell nrlo tags for 1k a pop, instead of selling late rifle season tags for free and killing everything that walks. i would love to know how high they could raise prices before demand decreased - probably pretty high . it has never been about the money. if 20% of the land population really is owned bt NRLO and the tags sold for 1200 a piece, you could build schools, town parks, pay for more Wardens. etc etc etc.

5. MN2IAGuy

MN2IAGuy Active Member

DD will be chasing all the questionable residents so I'm feeling pretty safe!:D

6. Thinkin Rut

Thinkin Rut PMA Member

Straight out of the Obama edition redistribution of wealth handbook. Lets gouge them! Rich bastards anyways.

7. Hardwood11

Hardwood11 Well-Known Member

Then Elk tags would be $5000 each and we would all be sitting home instead of hunting

8. henry5146

henry5146 New Member

Nothing is free!! 99.9% nrlo's can afford $1200 tag , they already spend thousands on turnip plots, shooting towers etc... if $1200 dollars for NRLO tag is too much, i would sell the land - private land elk hunts are far higher than 5000 and when u factor in the # of years iot takes to actually draw in a place like Arizona, its getting pricey. my point is very simple- if Iowa is going to pimp their deer out to celebrities and then have a doe slaughter in January, they may as well benefit from it financially

9. Hardwood11

Hardwood11 Well-Known Member

I am referring to the tags itself ($5000 each). The guide service would another $5000+ for elk.

How much you can afford and and actually paying it, are two different things.