Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Been quiet

If you don't like a law, complain is what I think he is reaching for.....

Lol....I don't mean to be condescending (well, I do kind of) but...really????

You guys want to make it ok for non residents to set the law in another state? I can't take you seriously when you say things like that.

Last edited:
Lol....I don't mean to be condescending (well, I do kind of) but...really????

You guys want to make it ok for non residents to set the law in another state? I can't take you seriously when you say things like that.

First off, which NR said they want to set rules for other states. The lawsuit I don't support... The law and rulings like this...concern me.

"A landowner has no title to or interest in wildlife within the state borders"
Could you see how a liberal could use that ruling in a future decision??

Ruling doesn't specify R or NR.

Really have mixed emotions about this law...coming from a neighboring states point of view, I just don't understand why, if you paid great money for the land, you cannot hunt on it aside from getting drawn every few years.

One day this will come to pass! Own at least 70 acres and you get one NRLO tag. This would go a long way for keepings guys from getting into the gray area and provide some nice revenue for the state of Iowa.

One day this will come to pass! Own at least 70 acres and you get one NRLO tag. This would go a long way for keepings guys from getting into the gray area and provide some nice revenue for the state of Iowa.
Just curious how you chose 70. Most times its a division of 640 acres, like 80.

Really have mixed emotions about this law...coming from a neighboring states point of view, I just don't understand why, if you paid great money for the land, you cannot hunt on it aside from getting drawn every few years.

MOhunter, that is the misconception. You can hunt on it, just can't get an any sex landowner tag every year. Plain and simple. These guys could party hunt ever year on their property.

First off, which NR said they want to set rules for other states. The lawsuit I don't support... The law and rulings like this...concern me. "A landowner has no title to or interest in wildlife within the state borders" Could you see how a liberal could use that ruling in a future decision?? Ruling doesn't specify R or NR.

Yep there's a bunch of crickets on that one!

First off, which NR said they want to set rules for other states. The lawsuit I don't support... The law and rulings like this...concern me.

"A landowner has no title to or interest in wildlife within the state borders"
Could you see how a liberal could use that ruling in a future decision??

Ruling doesn't specify R or NR.
When they challenged the law concerning NR purchasing deer tags, they were either looking for special treatment OR they wanted the law changed to allow them to obtain deer tags every year. In other words, some non residents want to set the rules for other states.

I support this law 150%. Why? Let's say I shoot 7 or 8 mature bucks every year. I usually shoot them at night with a spotlight and my 300 RUM. yeah its loud but they are DRT! Now when I get caught and the DNR fines me and says I can't get a hunting license for the next 3 years, I don't really care because I own 800 acres and everything on it. To include all wildlife. I farm it. And I live here. The state ain't tellin me what to do on MY property.

See what I mean? Its a good law/ruling.

To answer your question: Could you see how a liberal could use that ruling in a future decision??
The answer is no. I don't see how a liberal could use that in a future decision.

Last edited:
Chirp Chirp.

I know it kills you NRs that the law reads that way. You'll never convince any resident that you deserve the same privileges as them simply because you bought some property here even though you want to live somewhere else.

Chirp Chirp.

I know it kills you NRs that the law reads that way. You'll never convince any resident that you deserve the same privileges as them simply because you bought some property here even though you want to live somewhere else.

Ding! Ding! Winner!

Hunting land prices are at an all-time high now boys. Some of you might want to consider cashing out and buying in states that dont care so much for their resources. Then you could spend your time and money hunting instead of whining.

Although on the surface everyone here seems to like this ruling it scares me to death! A court telling you what you can and can't do on your land. When they come and tell "residents" they don't have the right to hunt their land then what? Where does it end. What if the court decides everything you do on "your" land is NOt a right? Amazes me they can DEMAND you pay them taxes though.

I completely disagree. I see what you are saying but the bottom line is you only own the land, not the wildlife on it. You cant shoot a bald eagle just because it is on your land. You cant shoot another person just because they are on your land. Bottom line, if you are a NR landowner and don't like the NR hunting laws, become a resident or sell your land. These three guys challenging the law are doing it for big antlers and nothing more! I have no sympathy for them or any other NR landowner what so ever!

No crickets here. I see his point but if you tell a land owner "its your lands so i guess you get to do what ever the hell you want because it is your land" that creates a very slippery slope too! Not just in regards to wildlife but anything........I hate to sound like a liberal but the bottom line is the landowners do NOT own the wildlife and if the SC would have ruled in favor of these three NR, it would create a "rich get richer" and "poor get poorer" scenario. Land access would get even more difficult because more NR that have avoided buying in Iowa because of that law would now flock here. Prices of land would go even higher. Deer hunting is already becoming a rich man's sport. IMO our NR hunting regs are the only buffer from preventing the "flood gates" from opening.

Top Bottom