Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Carbon arrows

Iowa1

If you were to go buy a dozen carbon arrows today, what would you get.

Last year I shot Carbon Express 300's. I am currently shooting Beman 340's with a Mathews Switchback (70lbs) and I am not that thrilled with the arrow's performance. Thinking about changing.

I used the Beman 400's. I believe shooting 70 lbs bemans chart says to use the 400's. I shoot the CX maxima 350's now. Go to a archery shop and try their different kinds and find what shoots best with your bow.
Im am sure you will get a lot of people on here telling you to go with CX / GT amd the traditional guys telling you to go with cedar.

According to you, yours.....

According to them, theirs.....

According to me, mine....

Shoot em all and find what you like
grin.gif

I am still shooting good o'le basic beaman 400's and I'm sure there might be "better" shafts but I have had no reason to change I guess... someone try to convince me differently and I would be all ears
grin.gif

I bought a dozen of the Carbon Express Maxima Hunters that I mentioned earlier. They are great looking arrows if you like great looking arrows, but the great thing about them is when I weighed each arrow, 10 of them were exactly the same and the two that were different were only 1/2 grain off. Pretty darn good for a dozen arrows. They also shoot great if you like great shooting arrows and hold a flatter trajectory at longer distances. They are worth the money.
waytogo.gif

One more thing. When it comes to weighing arrows, check the field tip weights and broadhead weights. I found a huge diference in the weights of tips.
bigshock.gif

Goldtip, Goldtip and Goldtip you can't go wrong, i put arrow on top of arrow shooting goldtips

CX Maxima 350's are what I switched into this year and I have nothing but great results.

DOR..I shot those same arrows as you do and I just didn't get consistant arrow flight. I didn't really spend the time figuring out if I had a bad batch or what the deal was. I wanted a change, so mainly why I'm shooting what I am now. Plus I really thought I needed a stiffer spine than what the 400's gave me.

As to the weight difference with the Maxima's...I was pretty impressed. Within a dozen, there wasn't more than a 1.5gr difference between the lot. For paper shooters it might be, for hunters..that's nothing.

Good Luck!

A 1/2 grain could be a bad cut or a little extra glue.

Carbon express has done me just fine
peace.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Goldtip, Goldtip and Goldtip you can't go wrong, i put arrow on top of arrow shooting goldtips

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding any!
grin.gif
Talked to my GT dealer and he doesnt know when he will be able to get any and he has called around to every big dealer he can thing of (cabelas, scheels, etc..) and they are in very limited supply or are out. So bought the CX maximas and couldnt be happier

I just fletched up an "old" set of Easton Carbon Excel's with blazer's. They turned out great, and shoot the exact same as my target points with NAP Crossfire's on the front end. Topped them off with a set of Luminok's. I would be shooting the Gold Tip's but with the shortage I didn't want to wait. My hunting setup is all ready to go now.

The only downside is my Block is not going to make it through the rest of the year because I'm hammering it from all the fun I'm having shooting this setup.

Top Bottom