Best Carbon arrows

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Iowa1, Aug 16, 2006.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Iowa1

Iowa1 New Member

If you were to go buy a dozen carbon arrows today, what would you get.

Last year I shot Carbon Express 300's. I am currently shooting Beman 340's with a Mathews Switchback (70lbs) and I am not that thrilled with the arrow's performance. Thinking about changing.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Steve-O

Steve-O World Member

I used the Beman 400's. I believe shooting 70 lbs bemans chart says to use the 400's. I shoot the CX maxima 350's now. Go to a archery shop and try their different kinds and find what shoots best with your bow.
    Im am sure you will get a lot of people on here telling you to go with CX / GT amd the traditional guys telling you to go with cedar.

4. NEIOWAARCHER

NEIOWAARCHER New Member

Goldtip XT 7595's

5. Liv4Rut

Liv4Rut Active Member

According to you, yours.....

According to them, theirs.....

According to me, mine....

Shoot em all and find what you like [​IMG]

6. Rackaddict

Rackaddict Life Member

Hearing good things about Carbon Express Maxima Hunters. I'm giving them a try this season.

7. DOR

DOR Life Member

I am still shooting good o'le basic beaman 400's and I'm sure there might be "better" shafts but I have had no reason to change I guess... someone try to convince me differently and I would be all ears [​IMG]

8. strutnrut

strutnrut Member

Goldtip

9. LoessHillsArcher

LoessHillsArcher Well-Known Member

because these are the only shafts I've ever shot I put a shout out for Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595's as well!

10. Rackaddict

Rackaddict Life Member

I bought a dozen of the Carbon Express Maxima Hunters that I mentioned earlier. They are great looking arrows if you like great looking arrows, but the great thing about them is when I weighed each arrow, 10 of them were exactly the same and the two that were different were only 1/2 grain off. Pretty darn good for a dozen arrows. They also shoot great if you like great shooting arrows and hold a flatter trajectory at longer distances. They are worth the money. [​IMG]

One more thing. When it comes to weighing arrows, check the field tip weights and broadhead weights. I found a huge diference in the weights of tips. [​IMG]

11. Goldtip, Goldtip and Goldtip you can't go wrong, i put arrow on top of arrow shooting goldtips

12. crash

crash New Member

beman 400 ics with 3 1/2 in. quick spins hit`s the bullseye [​IMG]

13. Stump Shooter

Stump Shooter New Member

CX Maxima 350's are what I switched into this year and I have nothing but great results.

DOR..I shot those same arrows as you do and I just didn't get consistant arrow flight. I didn't really spend the time figuring out if I had a bad batch or what the deal was. I wanted a change, so mainly why I'm shooting what I am now. Plus I really thought I needed a stiffer spine than what the 400's gave me.

As to the weight difference with the Maxima's...I was pretty impressed. Within a dozen, there wasn't more than a 1.5gr difference between the lot. For paper shooters it might be, for hunters..that's nothing.

Good Luck!

14. Buck Ballz

Buck Ballz Guest

A 1/2 grain could be a bad cut or a little extra glue.

Carbon express has done me just fine [​IMG]

15. Steve-O

Steve-O World Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Goldtip, Goldtip and Goldtip you can't go wrong, i put arrow on top of arrow shooting goldtips

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding any! [​IMG] Talked to my GT dealer and he doesnt know when he will be able to get any and he has called around to every big dealer he can thing of (cabelas, scheels, etc..) and they are in very limited supply or are out. So bought the CX maximas and couldnt be happier

16. crash

crash New Member

archery shop in altoona got goldtips, my buddy just got a dozen

17. gersdorf

gersdorf Life Member

Easton Carbon Excel 400. The new Axis FMJ's look pretty cool though!

18. bukket

bukket New Member

I just fletched up an "old" set of Easton Carbon Excel's with blazer's. They turned out great, and shoot the exact same as my target points with NAP Crossfire's on the front end. Topped them off with a set of Luminok's. I would be shooting the Gold Tip's but with the shortage I didn't want to wait. My hunting setup is all ready to go now.

The only downside is my Block is not going to make it through the rest of the year because I'm hammering it from all the fun I'm having shooting this setup.