Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Food Plot Shape and Size

corygnc

I have about 100 acres of hardwoods (mature white oaks) on the very southern end of my property. It has lots of ironwoods and scattered honey locust trees in it. If I were to take all the trees but the white oaks there would be enough sunlight for dbltree's rye, oats, pea and red clover mix (which i used last year and was AWESOME)

What shape and size is your guy's favorite. I have tended to make the plots too big (for bowhunting) and I was thinking of doing a 20-30 yard wide, winding food plot that would probably be 1/4 mile or longer in length.

What has worked the best?

Thanks!
Cory

I was thinking of doing a 20-30 yard wide, winding food plot that would probably be 1/4 mile or longer in length.

I think that's a great idea Cory and you may want to consider converting some of that area to Oak Savanna so that deer have prairie and forbs under the oaks.

Rutting bucks will follow the narrow food plot thru the prairiegrass...right by your stand!

Check the oak savanna thread in dbltree's corner...cost share is available...:way:

Top Bottom