Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Iowa Outfitter?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad Braun:
I am thinking about bowhunting Iowa whenever I can draw a tag. I was wondering who the BEST outfitter is? Where would I have the best opportunity at a P&Y or B&C whitetail.
Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out Steve Shoop at J & S Trophy hunts. Have hunted with him in Iowa and Missouri the last 5 years. It doesn't get much better. B&C bucks taken every year. First rate operation. have checked others and feel get most value for the money here. Am going to Iowa on the 9th of Nove. to hunt with him again. Check his website at www.jstrophyhunts.com

Sorry, that is misleading. I personally have not taken any B&C bucks but have taken pope and youngs. Others have taken B&C bucks there.

J&S looks like a good one. Lots of celebrity faces in their trophy gallery. Along with alot of nice Bucks. I'm puttin' that one in my favorites just in case I ever need it!!

RTN, and everyone else out there,
I think I was to quick to respond about Soap Creek Outfitters. I should not have voiced my personal opinion on the matter. Please don't take my word for it. I think he is hunting a great part of the state, and I know there are quality Whitetail deer in this area. We are talking less than 15 miles from J&S Hunts. RTN if you want particulars you can E-Mail me at: shawshill@worldnet.att.net

Bill/All,

It sounds like the same type of deal these guys are trying to pull,

http://www.iowawhitetails.com

They stuck an "S" in there with hope's you all would "miss type" our good name.

I swear some people have NO imagination or MORALS.

Tony L. Hough, Founder -iowawhitetail.com-

PS, sorry to vent but it felt like a good time to get this off my chest.

[This message has been edited by TLH (edited 10-28-2001).]

tped, how did your hunt go with these guys? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tped:
Check out Steve Shoop at J & S Trophy hunts. Have hunted with him in Iowa and Missouri the last 5 years. It doesn't get much better. B&C bucks taken every year. First rate operation. have checked others and feel get most value for the money here. Am going to Iowa on the 9th of Nove. to hunt with him again. Check his website at www.jstrophyhunts.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brad, Was there from the 11th to the 16th of November and experienced much of the same as has been listed here. Weather far too hot and the deer not cooperating. Passed up a couple 125-130 class earlay in hunt and couldn't get any shooters cloer than 80 yards thereafter. Will be back over the new year holiday to hunt late season and hopefully willdo better. The group only took 2 bucks that week a 120 class and a 150 class. Several 150+ bucks were seen but not shot. I understand that this has been one of the worst seasons in recent times in the midwest because of the weather.

You can also try Fred Zittler in Van Buren County. 10,000 acres of top quality hunting ground. Lot's of big ones around there....

Thanks tped. Swanny, is Fred Zitter a outfitter what? How can I get a hold of him.
Thanks.

Yes he is.....his # is 641-936-7217. They are really nice folks.

Try Terry Mothershead with 3M Outfitters in Decatur County they have some great fotage of some big bucks. If you want to check them out and the deer they have shot around that area go to www.homestead.com/3moutfitters/3M.html it's a wonderful place and these are very nice people.

deerslayer22788

Top Bottom