Best lighted knocks?

Discussion in 'Archery' started by Sligh1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

I shoot a size G. For the injextion 4mm shafts. Got some nockouts from buck hollow. Way better than nockturnal. In size G- I had a lot of problems with nockturnals. More than 50% didn’t work. Maybe worse. Like.... brand new, shoot & no light on over 50%. They were junk as far as I’m concerned.

Switched to nockouts like I said - shot a few & so far so good. Buddy is looking at some for size G. Only ones he mentioned that may be better is “firenock”. Ratings are good. I’m set for now with mine BUT.... has anyone shot firenocks? Reviews are really good BUT the price is steep!!!!! If they are the awesome- maybe worth it. I won’t use the junk in past that was worthless though. In a size g- never a nockturnal ever again. But- any others or thoughts on solid lighted knocks in general? I shot a pile of does and some bucks and I know when a brand has performed like crap & sure be nice to figure out who has best lighted knocks in recent years. Any input appreciated!

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. 203ntyp

203ntyp PMA Member

I'm looking at starting to use lighted nocks for the 1st time so I'm no help but will be watching this thread for input as well.

4. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

I am really surprised by review of above. I struggled for years with crappy lighted nocks until I tried nocturnal. I wonder if there is an issue specific to size G. I shoot nocturnal size x on 5 mm fmj. Never had one NOT go off. That's thousands of shots cuz I practice with them. Interesting.

breckhawk likes this.
  5. Sligh1

I did put G size for reason. In case it did have to do with that size. I literally tried different colors and bought at different times & locations to make sure I didn’t get a “bad batch”. Wasn’t the case- they simply didn’t work over 50% the time no matter where I bought em & what color. Could be G size though. It’s smaller & lil more unique.

6. muddy

muddy Administrator

I've had great luck with Nockturnals.

EVIL X and breckhawk like this.
  7. Slick

Slick Member

Make your own??

Sligh1 likes this.
  8. breckhawk

breckhawk Active Member

Agree with the nocturnal. X nock here though.

9. Sligh1

I did some more reading. It took some digging to find other brands.....
    Ignitor, Glory nock & Fire nock all Had good reviews. Size G is for sure a problem for nockturnals and maybe it’s unique to that size. Think it is as all reviews were horrid on size G only. I am set for year BUT buddy was between Glory nock and Fire nock. Went glory nock as reviews seemed good & Fire nocks extremely expensive- like 3x the Cost. See if any good & try Ignitor & Firenock if not. Will see! Here’s one review I found on YouTube

203ntyp likes this.
  10. 203ntyp

203ntyp PMA Member

The Glory nocks look pretty good. I wonder how they hold up in wet weather with a switch on the side of the nock and the plunger?

I bought some Ignitors at a sportsman show this past February but haven't tried them yet.

Sligh1 likes this.
  11. cybball

cybball PMA Member

Bought some Nocturnals this year for gold-tip arrows. (First experience with lighted nocks). They are all working well so far. My brother uses them and likes them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sligh1

EDIT: got glory nocks to fit after some trouble shooting. All good. Will test them out.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019